Usage meter confusion

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnlawson1
Freshman

Usage meter confusion

My usage meter always says 99.9% remaining. I am using data daily. What am I missing here? Where is my ballance for the month?

John

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@johnlawson1

If you're new to HughesNet, it's due to the relaxed bandwidth state you're in for your first twenty days.  

During your first twenty days of service, HughesNet continually replenishes your data.  I think they do it hourly, though I'm not positive of the frequency.  This is done to allow new customers to upgrade and/or update their devices to current without it affecting their normal monthly data allowance, as doing those things can use a lot of data, especially if the devices have not been connected in a while.  

After those twenty days, your data will start being counted normally.  The twenty day relaxed bandwidth state is described in the Welcome email sent by HughesNet.  

If you are not new and are past your initial twenty days, there may be something else going on.  If that's the case, please let us know.  

Hope this helps.  🙂 

View solution in original post

Liz

Hello,

Gabe is right on the money; the initial relaxed bandwidth period is why your Usage Meter often shows 99%.

Regarding your balance, you can view it online in the Support Center. Here are steps to get there and also find your invoices: http://hninfo.us/viewbill If you want to see a breakdown of your bill, open the bill and click the "View Site Details" link in the bottom left corner.

Hope that clears things up!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@johnlawson1

If you're new to HughesNet, it's due to the relaxed bandwidth state you're in for your first twenty days.  

During your first twenty days of service, HughesNet continually replenishes your data.  I think they do it hourly, though I'm not positive of the frequency.  This is done to allow new customers to upgrade and/or update their devices to current without it affecting their normal monthly data allowance, as doing those things can use a lot of data, especially if the devices have not been connected in a while.  

After those twenty days, your data will start being counted normally.  The twenty day relaxed bandwidth state is described in the Welcome email sent by HughesNet.  

If you are not new and are past your initial twenty days, there may be something else going on.  If that's the case, please let us know.  

Hope this helps.  🙂 

Liz

Hello,

Gabe is right on the money; the initial relaxed bandwidth period is why your Usage Meter often shows 99%.

Regarding your balance, you can view it online in the Support Center. Here are steps to get there and also find your invoices: http://hninfo.us/viewbill If you want to see a breakdown of your bill, open the bill and click the "View Site Details" link in the bottom left corner.

Hope that clears things up!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank You