Usage meter download

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Usage meter download

So I thought I could download the usage meter from the Usage page under My Account, but it's not there.Then I went to this page: https://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/internet/what-is-usage-meter but the download link just spins and spins and the download never starts. Is there another place to download this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi folks,

We had some discussions around the Usage Meter as well after your feedback was sent up. Apparently the desktop client's adoption rate is low now since usage can be checked via the support center and the mobile app. 

Regarding the functionality of the current desktop client, it will continue to work as long as it remains installed, but can't be reinstalled on another PC or the same one after re-imaging. As Kathy mentioned, moving forward, your best options for checking usage are the mobile app, the support center, and also the SCC.

As a last resort to advocate for a desktop client, I submitted some options via our suggestion pipeline. If we have any good news to share on that front, you'll definitely hear from us! (Don't hold your breath.)

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
maratsade

OK, but you didn't give untrue information -- you gave the information that was on the page. If the information on the page is inaccuarate, that's no reflection on you, Reg. 

@Reggie wrote:
Now you know why I normally don't respond to many posts. I don't like to give untrue information to anyone. Have a good day.

Better yet, why is there a misplaced image of TestMy where the system tray image showing the app icon should be?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

I noticed that --- what on Earth?  

@MarkJFine wrote:

Better yet, why is there a misplaced image of TestMy where the system tray image showing the app icon should be?

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

@GabeU has it on a Win 10 Pro device, or maybe more than one.  I wonder why the page says it doesn't work on Win 10. 

I wonder if it was written before Windows 10 was released and was meant to refer to those using the Insider's preview version.  Either that or the person who wrote it didn't know much about it.  

I started using Windows 10 within its first month of release and the meter has always worked with it.  

That testmy snapshot... LOL. 

maratsade

I wonder if at the time the page was written, the meter didn't work with Win 10, and then they never updated the page...

@Reggie wrote:
The link says the meter will not work with WIN10. Scroll to the bottom of the link.

@maratsade wrote:

I wonder if at the time the page was written, the meter didn't work with Win 10, and then they never updated the page..

That's likely it.

Edit: Incidentally, I tried to download from the button. It attempts to start something but never does and times out. So, it's just possible the download server is having issues.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Which was the point of my OP, to ask if there was a problem with the link to the download (this is why I put it in Tech Support).   Smiley LOL

@MarkJFine wrote:

That's likely it.

Edit: Incidentally, I tried to download from the button. It attempts to start something but never does and times out. So, it's just possible the download server is having issues.

Hi folks,

We had some discussions around the Usage Meter as well after your feedback was sent up. Apparently the desktop client's adoption rate is low now since usage can be checked via the support center and the mobile app. 

Regarding the functionality of the current desktop client, it will continue to work as long as it remains installed, but can't be reinstalled on another PC or the same one after re-imaging. As Kathy mentioned, moving forward, your best options for checking usage are the mobile app, the support center, and also the SCC.

As a last resort to advocate for a desktop client, I submitted some options via our suggestion pipeline. If we have any good news to share on that front, you'll definitely hear from us! (Don't hold your breath.)

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

Thanks, Liz.  🙂

Interesting, I was just relaying what I learned, but hey, if you're able to reinstall it and use it, cool! We will focus supporting whatever is in the Support Center and the mobile app. 🙂

-Liz

maratsade

Great, now we need to hack into the Support Center and add the meter. 😉 

Give our security team something to chew on hahaha

-Liz

toast

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Curious, is the meter downloading additional files during install that would prevent it from being able to be reinstalled later on?  I just uninstalled, and reinstalled 6.7.0 just fine on my end...

EDIT: It looks like Hughesnet Support for it is just being retired, but the application should work perfectly fine, and install perfectly fine as it is fully self-contained when running tests on a machine with no active connection to the internet.  The important bits are just parsing data from the modem.  As far as token purchases, not sure about that.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

The page says it won't be.

Gee, that's really nice of them to basically discount all of us who still use a computer.  😞

Though I can look on the SCC, I rely on the Usage Meter, as 99% of my HughesNet usage is with my desktop computer. 

SMH.

maratsade

Well, I'm hoping for some kind of official response, so we won't have to speculate. 🙂