Very slow speed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eagle23
New Poster

Very slow speed

After following Liz's instructions to use testmy.net with 25MB downloads at differing times of day, ssid's for 2.4 and 5GHz disabled, and using ethernet connection, speeds are averaging around 400kbps with an outlier above 7Mbps. Tried rebooting router and laptop too, even slower then. 

Here are my results https://testmy.net/quickstats/mijo86

Any suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning eagle23,

Thank you for the clarification, you're on the right track trying to do an audio only Zoom meeting. Here are additional tips to try: https://hninfo.us/worktips

Please let me know if isolating the device running Zoom makes any difference in doing an audio meeting.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I suggest you wait until @Liz  responds to you. 

Liz

Hello eagle23, 

Thank you for reaching out and providing your troubleshooting steps thus far, this helps. I pulled up your account to run diagnostics on your HughesNet system and found that it's working normally. 

What were you trying to do online that prompted running speed tests? Browsing? Streaming?

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I am a director of a small non-profit org that meets on Zoom. Even audio was unusable. I do get enough speed to do normal web shopping, surfing, and intense stock market data streaming during the day, and stream pbs news. Our monthly Zoom meetings start at 6pm. I read that the speed required for Zoom is about 1.5Mbps minimum.

I forgot to note that our meetings are mid- to late in the month, and my Hughesnet start date is the 28th, so with just my 10GB/mo at full speed, I probably am out of full speed GB. So I will try a Zoom test before the full speed data runs out. Buying tokens should solve this if that works, for the meetings.

It's just that the testmy.net results were within the 10GB full speed data yesterday, with poor average speed. That is why I posted.

Good morning eagle23,

Thank you for the clarification, you're on the right track trying to do an audio only Zoom meeting. Here are additional tips to try: https://hninfo.us/worktips

Please let me know if isolating the device running Zoom makes any difference in doing an audio meeting.

Thanks,

Liz

Good morning eagle23, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. Hopefully those tips helped, but if you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz