Very slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fox12
Junior

Very slow

The system has always been very slow. Like a couple of minutes to load any page. Just  trying to pin it down, have a couple of questions. Have done many speed tests all good, and several data loss tests, all good. 

The LAN light on the modem is always on and flashing, with nothing plugged into the LAN ports. Is this normal?

Is 105 a good 

Satellite Receive Signal Strength?

Thanks for any help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Good morning fox12,

Thank you for the link and trying those sites. OK, I see that the speed tests do show appropriate speeds. Then when you visited those google sites they loaded quickly, as expected since they don't have a lot of bells and whistles on those sites. Which sites do you frequent that seem to load slowly? Please bear in mind that media/graphics-heavy sites can take much longer to load.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

Hi Liz.

I really appreciate all the time and effort you have given me. I  came to that conclusion yeserday when I went to the Google sites and saw how bare they were. I guess there's not much we can do. The sites I go to are much bigger. Facebook, YouTube, Ebay, and such. I have them all set for NO autoplay on their videos but that doesn't stop the ads or graphics. With all your help and my own reading a lot of material on this side I think we can conclude this chapter, huh.
Thanks again. I'll be back again next week about my missing tokens. My plan resets in about 4 days, waiting to see if they come back.
Wishing you a great day.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I'll second the suggestion of an ad blocker.  Not only might it help some pages to load more quickly, it can help save some data too.  Plus, let's face it, ads can be downright annoying.  

I use AdBlock Plus.  It works very well and I've never had any problems with it.  If you use the same, make sure to uncheck "Allow Acceptable Ads" in its options or you may still see some.

@GabeU wrote:

I'll second the suggestion of an ad blocker.  Not only might it help some pages to load more quickly, it can help save some data too.  Plus, let's face it, ads can be downright annoying.  

I use AdBlock Plus.  It works very well and I've never had any problems with it.  If you use the same, make sure to uncheck "Allow Acceptable Ads" in its options or you may still see some.

Thanks GabeU. I'll give it a try. You sure got that right "ads can be downright annoying." VERY!
And thanks for your help in the group.

maratsade

Yes, mine too, and I think it's normal. I have nothing plugged into the LAN port.

@fox12 wrote:

It has always been on since the system was installed and is always blinking, even with wifi turned off.

The only time I have anything plugged into a LAN port is when I do a speed test.

Thanks for the quick reply. It has always been on and flashes every few seconds. I didn't know it wasn't supposed to be until I read the users manual that somebody posted earlier.
The modem is always plugged in.

maratsade

"Is 105 a good 

Satellite Receive Signal Strength?"

Yes, it's very good.