iOS app self diagnostic tool reports attention needed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcs001
Freshman

iOS app self diagnostic tool reports attention needed

So most times I open the app, it reports some undefined problem, asks if I want to fix it then tell me attention needed and to call for assistance. I did call once when I was having other issues so nothing was determined.
Any idea what’s going on?
Anything I can to to figure it out?

Thanks,
Bruce.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Just popping in to say that if the state code is anything other than 0.0.0, which indicates that the system is running healthily, the self-diagnosis function on the app will have some sort of dialogue message. 

There are... a lot of state codes so there can be many reasons why the message will suggest calling in.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Which app is this?

This is the HughesNet Mobile iOS app.
maratsade

Have you tried turning off and then restarting your device? Have you tried reinstalling the app? 

EDIT: is the app up to date? 

GabeU

@bcs001 

If it's anything like what I've been seeing with the Android version, there's nothing wrong with your device.  I don't see it every time I use it, but if I haven't used it for a few days then do, it will give me that message again.  

I think it might be some type of "suggestion" that has gone awry and is instead informing people that there's something wrong when there really isn't. 

Yea, I did some more evaluating and it is not every time I open the app and it doesn’t appear to be any obvious problems with performance so it’s most likely just a glitch in the app.
maratsade

The app is very glitchy for me too, which is why I don't use it much, only when not at home. Otherwise, I use the SCC or the sections under My Account in the community. 

Hi,

Just popping in to say that if the state code is anything other than 0.0.0, which indicates that the system is running healthily, the self-diagnosis function on the app will have some sort of dialogue message. 

There are... a lot of state codes so there can be many reasons why the message will suggest calling in.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

Don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but the app is glitchy for me with 0.0.0 state code. 

This pops up frequently.  Another glitch is the empty donut graphs (not happening in this instance, though).

IMG_0111.PNG

GabeU

@Liz wrote: 

That would definitely help to explain it for my instance, as I often have the 5GHz Wifi turned off, which gives me a perpetual "14.2.2 -- The 5 GHz WiFi radio is off" State Code.

Liz
I’m confused about where these state codes are displayed. I don’t see them anywhere in the Hughesnet mobile iOS app.

If I go to the self diagnostic tool option and run the test, it always reports “attention needed” but I’m guessing that’s because I have the Hughes modem WiFi radios turned off. I run my own router and WiFi access points.

More info about how to obtain these state codes would be helpful.

Bruce.
GabeU

@bcs001 

Not to answer for Liz, but I don't believe the State Codes are shown anywhere in the mobile app, though they can still trigger that message.  You can see your current State Code in the System Control Center, which you can get to either here...

http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

or here...

www.systemcontrolcenter.com and then click on System Status at the top of the page.

Edit:  And yes, because you have the WiFi disabled, which is likely giving a State Code of 14.2.3, it is causing that message to pop up.