switched from echostar 19 with gen5 service to echostar 17 against my will

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lm8542
Sophomore

switched from echostar 19 with gen5 service to echostar 17 against my will

I recently requested an installer to move my dish to the other side of my house. I was on echostar 19 duluth, mn and the service was great ever since I upgraded from Gen4 where i was on the horrible echostar 17. The installer who was only at my home at my request to relocate my satellite dish installed me on echostar 17 and my latency has been through the roof ever since. I did not request the transfer and I never would have asked for him to move my dish if I had know he was going to move me back to echostar 17. I have called several times and an installer has shown has cancelled twice. Today a third installer came and said he couldn't switch me back and in order for that to happen I would have to contact customer support again and ask for another installer to do it. I don't understand why they all can't do the same thing . When we called customer service we told them we needed to be put back where we were but the guy who showed up said he didn't know why he was here? He said I could call them for you but it would be better if you call them.? I don't see why he didn't call them and not leave until the situation was rectified.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi lm8542,

Thanks for posting, let me take care of this for you. I've created a dispatch to have you pointed back at EchoStar19.  Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Friday, May 4, 2018 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #112187258 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi lm8542,

Thanks for posting, let me take care of this for you. I've created a dispatch to have you pointed back at EchoStar19.  Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Friday, May 4, 2018 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #112187258 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you so much!

Thanks, Liz the installer/rep showed up during the scheduled appointment time frame new exactly what to do and did it quickly. Definitely the best experience I have had with tech support. I appreciate the facilitation of our issue. Problem solved!

Thanks for letting me know, lm8542! Glad to hear it went well. The community is always here if you need it, feel free to drop by again.