just a rant

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

just a rant

I first started in 2014. The champs & Reps were some of the smartest people that I thought I could learn from.

They welcomed anyone to ask a question, no matter how foolish or off the wall. If it was not about HN no problem. They would try to answer the question. That all changed when HN tried this new FORUM. 

Now there is more rude people & rude comments than there are helpful remarks.

The mods spend more time on GENERAL DISCUSSION than answering questions.

No one needs to respond.

Reggie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Reggie wrote: 

Now there is more rude people & rude comments than there are helpful remarks. 

You may not "need" anyone to respond, but that statement is patently untrue.  There may be moments of heated remarks, but the majority of what goes on here is help, and much of it from subscribers themselves. 

Perusing through the first twenty posts in the Tech Support section, there were two that immediately received negative reactions and one that recieved a later negative reply, and that's in reaction to the inflammatory nature of the two original posts and a ridiculous threat of "suing" in the third.  The other seventeen have been nothing other than informative, helpful and respectful, though not all are yet solved.  

That's not to say that there haven't been responses given that shouldn't have occurred, but the vast majority of what occurs in this community falls in line with its primary purpose... help.

@Reggie wrote:

The mods spend more time on GENERAL DISCUSSION than answering questions.

Oh come on.  Really?  

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
maratsade

I guess you don't remember Mordacious. 

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Oh yes I remember. Why

Are suggesting that I should be banned from HN.

maratsade

No, not at all; there would be no reason to do so.  I was just wondering, since you go that far back, if you remembered some of the old crew. 

Reggie wrote:

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@maratsade wrote:

No, not at all; there would be no reason to do so.  I was just wondering, since you go that far back, if you remembered some of the old crew. 

Reggie wrote:

Yes I do. Who are you refering to.

maratsade

Among others: GWalk, BirdDog, Chris the mod, and others. 

@Reggie wrote:

Yes I do. Who are you refering to.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

The two Charles', Ricky. I remember back then the Reps changed more often. One Rep might start troubleshooting on a thread then they get transfered to another  division. Those were the days.

maratsade

There were more reps too, I think; or at least it seemed there were more.  I remember Amanda, Liz, Chris, Katie....can't remember others right now.

EDIT: GW! I wonder where he went. 

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Thank you Maratsade I needed that. I think this rant is over. Wow, I feel so much better.

Sometimes a person need to look back before they can look forward.

Reggie

maratsade

@Reggie wrote:

T

Sometimes a person need to look back before they can look forward.

Reggie

Hear hear!

GabeU

Hal and Freddie, too.

Gwalk.  😞  

GwalkGwalk

maratsade

I miss GWalk.  

Hal! Yes, I remember him,  but was he from way back? 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I miss GWalk.  

Hal! Yes, I remember him,  but was he from way back? 

No.  More from 2018.  

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Does anyone remember Jezra? I think that is the correct spelling.

maratsade

I do!  Do you remember MDHobbs?

Reggie wrote:

Does anyone remember Jezra? I think that is the correct spelling.

maratsade

More mods from the past:  Brooke, Wade, Jayson, Warren, Jorge.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Some of those are from the old site. I wish they could of imported all of the good info.from that site. I could use the info from many of the older posts.

maratsade

I thought they had imported a lot from the old site.  I've seen stuff from 2016, but there may be older stuff.  Check here:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/bd-p/TechSupport/page/135

That's the oldest page from the Tech Support thread, and the oldest post is from 2014.  I guess they limited what they imported. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Do you remember MDHobbs? 

Nope.jpg

I believe it was during an encounter with the above that I first used the term "illusory superiority".

maratsade

Yes, there was a lot of that in those quarters. LOL

I remember the exchanges between MDH an GWalk. Yikes. 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@Reggie wrote:

The two Charles', Ricky. I remember back then the Reps changed more often. One Rep might start troubleshooting on a thread then they get transfered to another  division. Those were the days.

I am still around (One of the 3 Charles', people forget there was 3 of us in total, but only 2 at most active at the same time), just dont have much time to actually help anyone due to work, and to be honest, tired of arguing with people anymore when they feel they know more.

@BirdDog Left a long time ago, the community started to change a lot, and he didn't like the new layout AFAIK.  He ended up closing his Facebook account when he departed.

@Gwalk900 sadly passed away a few years ago, he was here when I first came along.

Marsh, another oldie, passed away several years ago, he was basically here from the beginning I think.