Bill overdue and account collection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bishop
New Poster

Bill overdue and account collection

So as of the end of today my account will be going into collections due to a overdue bill, I've been trying to pay it which I actually should've gotten my check today but it hasn't came in, I should be getting it at the latest being tomorrow evening. My question is what happens if my account does go into collections and if I pay my bill by tomorrow then what happens as I'm not looking to have any cancellation fees.

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet reps on this site may be able to look into this for you, but have you tried calling the toll-free number (866-347-3292)? You may want to ask to get transferred to the billing department. 

What do you mean by "cancellation fees"?  Have you canceled your HughesNet account?

@Bishop wrote:

So as of the end of today my account will be going into collections due to a overdue bill, I've been trying to pay it which I actually should've gotten my check today but it hasn't came in, I should be getting it at the latest being tomorrow evening. My question is what happens if my account does go into collections and if I pay my bill by tomorrow then what happens as I'm not looking to have any cancellation fees.

I haven't cancelled the services but from what I told was that after today since today was the day that I scheduled a extended bill that if I don't pay then my account will be put into collections and that I may have to pay any cancellation fees due to the account being heavily over due. My original date of payment was the 4th of this month then extended to the 15th then they gave me a 7 day warning, on the 21st or 22nd I called and asked for a extended bill period. Trust me when I say I don't want to cancel my services even though as of right now I'm away from home.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Have you tried calling the toll free number (866-347-3292)?   You should ask them about what happens if/when your account goes to collections. Ask them whether the account would close or if it would still remain open while in collections.