CASE NUMBER 125559474

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JS99
New Poster

CASE NUMBER 125559474

My internet connection was down more than it was up so I called for assistance (the connection was flip flopping between Network 5 and Network 6). The tech I was talking to ran his tests and concluded that there was a problem with the dish communicating with my modem and a tech would need to come to the house to fix it.  He said there was normally a $125 charge for this but that charge would be waived and I would recieve a credit for the down time.  He said that a technician was scheduled for Tuesday the 19th.  No-one showed up until the 22nd.  At that time the service was up and connected without a problem (for whatever reason), so there was nothing to troubleshoot.  The tech tightened up a bolt on the roof mount but otherwise just looked at his handheld device.  I asked if maybe it needed to be realigned, and he said no. He was here about 10 minutes and left (with me a bit disappointed because nothing was actually found wrong).  Now I've been billed the $125 anyway - it's already been taken out of my bank account. I think I should get a refund

9 REPLIES 9
MarkJFine
Professor

Great... you've used your personal, traceable account number (which is like your credit card number) as your user name.

If I were you I'd find a real quick way to change it to something that doesn't it make it easy for someone off the open internet to commit identity fraud.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Not his fault there was nothing wrong. He still showed up and did his job, so the charge is valid.  

My internet connection was down more than it was up so I called for assistance (the connection was flip flopping between Network 5 and Network 6). The tech I was talking to ran his tests and concluded that there was a problem with the dish communicating with my modem and a tech would need to come to the house to fix it.  He said there was normally a $125 charge for this but that charge would be waived and I would recieve a credit for the down time.  He said that a technician was scheduled for Tuesday the 19th.  No-one showed up until the 22nd.  At that time the service was up and connected without a problem (for whatever reason), so there was nothing to troubleshoot.  The tech tightened up a bolt on the roof mount but otherwise just looked at his handheld device.  I asked if maybe it needed to be realigned, and he said no. He was here about 10 minutes and left (with me a bit disappointed because nothing was actually found wrong).  Now I've been billed the $125 anyway - it's already been taken out of my bank account. I think I should get a refund

I was saying that the Hughesnet representative told me the charges would be waived - before he scheduled a tech to come on out.

GabeU

Original Poster,

I don't know if you can do this, as I haven't had to try, but as Mark mentioned, you should immediately change your Community name if you can.  NEVER reveal your SAN (account number) in public.  

As for your issue, it's possible that the charge was placed for the call due to the tech finding nothing wrong.  Whatever the case, I'm sure a rep will take a look.  They're normally on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually answer within a day or so, but when coming back from a four day weekend like this it may take them a little longer.  

Again, though, I can't stress enough trying to change your Community name.

I did contact the office and THEY told me to come here to the community and to use the ID that I am using. I figured it wouldn't matter much because I still had to enter a password that isn't public.

GabeU

It's likely that they meant to use your ID to sign up, not as a Community name.  I don't know if it's the same now, but you used to have to use your account number to be able to create an account, so this is why they would have said that, but again, not as your Community name.

Hopefully a rep can help you to change it if you can't find a way to.  

Liz

Hello JS99,

I see it's your first posts here, so welcome to the community! I've gone ahead and changed your username, as the others have pointed out, your SAN is personal information and should not be shared publicly. Please allow me some time to investigate your concern and I'll post back once I have an update.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

OK - 

Hello JS99,

Thanks for much for your patience while we investigated your case. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns. Please don't hesitate to drop by the community again if you have any other concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!