Canceling contract

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Odalismederos4
New Poster

Canceling contract

I would like to have someone call as I am cancelling my service without having to pay early penalty termination fee.
I've gave Hughes Net for three months and when I had call to see if I would get Hughes Net the first question I asked John the salesman which it's really sad I didn't write his last name down was if there would be a contract and he advised me no there is no contract and you can terminate your service without any penalties and the second question I asked was when it rains does the service goes out as I had Dish Network in the pass and I know how it is when you have satellite and he again told me no that they had resolved that issue and my satellite will not go into buffering like it does now or when it rains I can't watch tv or the internet and all this was misleading me as a customer just for their commissions I've called twice in 3 months because of this issue and now when I called to cancel they told me that I have 22 months left in my contract and I told the customer service rep that I was not told that if not I would've not gotten this internet service. I want someone higher than the customer service rep to contact me cause I am cancelling my devices and I'm not paying the early termination fee just because the sales rep didn't tell me the truth and he lied.
In every survey that the company has sent me in ways to improve the service I've always told them the same thing I'm putting in writing and it seems that they don't read it or don't care.

If somebody would call me on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

I would never recommend this company to no one as their sales rep all they worry is about their commissions and not the customer and besides that the service is terrible to slow goes down all the time and I live on a hill where there is always wind
10 REPLIES 10
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

You may be in luck, as if you signed up through Hughesnet themselves and not a local reseller the reps will most likely have the ability to listen your your sales call to verify what was said to you.    

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  

Aedan
Senior

Hello Odalismederos4,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out. We are going to request a sales call review and will continue to investigate what happened in order address your concerns. Thanks and we will be in touch with you soon with more information soon.

-Sam

-Aedan

Huh, multi-personality disorder? Definitely, don't know what you are talking about Smiley Happy!

-Watson

-Aedan
GabeU

Perhaps it's stress.

-Rufus

We lost our home in the La Porte fire Oct.9th the fire has been declared a state emergency it got so big. We lost everything we owned and got out of our home with the clothes on our backs. Right now we are currently homeless.

We really enjoyed th service and have no complaints, but now that we have no home and have lost everything I have no way to ever hook it back up.

I have my account suspended, but I will have no way to reconnect. Will Hughes Net charge me more money for cancelling due to circumstances beyond my control?

I hope that this isn’t the case and that Hughnet has options for disaster survivors.

GabeU

@Houseburneddown

Sorry to hear of your circumstances.  That's an awful thing.  I'm certainly glad YOU weren't lost in the fire.   

Regarding your question, it would be best if you start a new topic, which you can do by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while within the myAccount and Billing section.  This way your issue stays separate from the OP's and doesn't get lost in the fray.     

Again, I'm sorry that you lost your home.  I can't imagine what that's like.  😞 

@Houseburneddown

You will not be responsible for such damages in most cases (if you was a home owner, then home owners insurance will most likely have to cover the cost of the equipment).  I am sure @Amanda or @Liz will gladly take care of things for you.  Hughesnet will always try to work with the customer in such situations so that they don't have to worry about bills and the such during such life-altering events.

Hi Houseburneddown,

I'm so sorry to hear that, I'm glad you're safe. Thank you for reaching out to us in the community. I've located your account and can address your concerns. Please give me some time to look into this for you, and then I will send you a private message. You can check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page, by clicking the envelope icon. You'll see a red notification button on it if you have an unread message waiting.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Houseburneddown,

Please check your PMs, I've sent you two messages addressing your concerns. I wish you the best of luck.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!