Hughesnet Community

Difficulty cancelling service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaryEllen Simmo

Difficulty cancelling service.

Difficulty cancelling service. Was told there would be no additional charges if I kept my service active until 9/15/15; the date my 2-year contract ends, and that I would save $20.00 by doing this [Confirmation No. 49366596].  However, money deducted from my banking account 8/15/15 was $10.65 higher than my usual $64.68. I don't understand why I was charged more money when I was told I wouldn't be.  I'm also very concerned there will be additional charges 9/15/15. 

The Rep, Rachael Lopez, also told me I would not have to call in again--she was taking care of everything and my service would be terminated effective 9/15/15--no additional charges/fees.

I understand I have to return the modem, power cord and the transmitter off the dish.  [Transmitter may not be the correct name.]  I also understand I will be sent a box/postage pre-paid to return these 3 items.

Thank you so very much for any assistance you can give me with this matter.
6 REPLIES 6
Liz

Hi MaryEllen, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear this, I'd like to investigate further for you. Do you have a case number or your account number (SAN) so I can pull up your account??

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

MaryEllen Simmo

8/11/15, Case No. 49366596, SAN DSS31179711

Hi Liz, I'd just like to get this finalized.  I'm at a loss why I was charged additional money when I was told I wouldn't be.

Many thanks for your help!  

MaryEllen Simmons  
Liz

Hi MaryEllen,

Thanks for your patience as I investigated your concerns. I see that you had an ongoing $10 x 7 month credit that is supposed to last until next month. I don't know why it was not applied on your August bill, I'm sorry about that. To be on the safe side, I'll credit you $20 now for August and September.

Please let me know if you have additional concerns, I'm happy to address them.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Ah, actually, the discount was applied in January so it correctly ended in July, hence the normal pricing for August. I'll let you keep the $20 credit. 🙂

We appreciated you being a HughesNet customer.

-Liz

MaryEllen Simmo

Hi Liz, you allowing me to keep the $20.00 credit is very than fair!!  Thank you!

Please help me understand, how is this going to happen?

*  9/10/13 original install service date.  
*  9/10/15 service contract ends.

*  On 8/15/15, Hughes Net deducted $75.33 from my bank account [usual monthly
   is $64.68].

Is it possible for you to please cancel my service and mail the pre-paid postage box to me.  I don't mean this to sound unkind, but I'm really not up for any more "off-shore telephone exchanges."  I'm 71-years young and just would like to have this whole matter completed.

Just so you know, I'm not cancelling my service because of the 30+ hour internet outage in my area.  As it turns out, the Hughes Net data cap is to prohibitive for me, the cost too high and the dish was beginning to pull the siding off my home.  No one's fault, just the way things were happening.

Cable offered me a bundle I can't refurse and will be paying $40+ less monthly.

Please do whatever you can for me to get this all finalized.  Again, many thanks!

MaryEllen Simmons
Liz

Hi MaryEllen,

You're more than welcome. The service termination has already been processed, and there is no further need to contact us over the phone. All you have to do is wait until September 15, which is when the service will terminate. At that point, you will be shipped the prepaid return kit to pack up and return your equipment. So about 10 business days from September 15, or sooner, you will receive the return kit.

If you have additional concerns, feel free to post back.

Thanks,
Liz