Horrible Assistance/Legal Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnw008
Freshman

Horrible Assistance/Legal Issues

We had Hughes Net since late last year, could not get consistent wireless on any device anywhere in the house, service was slow and would drop connection constantly. I am a school teacher and had such anxiety and frustration with bad connections that I resulted many times a week in connecting to the hot spot on my cell phone with much better service. Not one time in the months that we had Hughes Net did I ever get my lesson plans completed using the service we were paying for.

So for months we were paying for intetnet service that we were not even using. Not only because we were getting frustrated and disconnecting entirely, but because when we were connected it was hours of spinning and waiting for connections and loading.

Modem was rebooted countless times, dozens of phone calls to customer support, multiple technicians sent to our house, all of which would give different reasons and "fixes" for the poor "service". And all the while, continuing to pay for internet service we were not receiving.

But fast forward some months and frustration levels are at a maximum, so we cancel service. My mom also very calmly explained that in no way should we be charged a cancellation fee because at no time were any of our complaints competently addressed nor fixed. The representative listened to the dozens of recorded phone calls and noted the multiple times a tech came to our house, and said they will look into it. Few weeks later, $310 out of my mom's bank account. Which, by the way, was not told to us first because the representative was "looking into the matter", and that she did not have in the bank because she was switching to a new bank. So I have to withdrawl over $300 out of my account for crappy internet service that I was NEVER able to complete any of my work on. I panicked and cried and was up until 3:00 or 4:00 countless mornings preparing lessons that would have taken minutes on other services. And you want to charge ME for YOUR bad service!? 

We went through MONTHS of nothing being done, constant back and forths. I lost many hours of my life not having reliable internet service, waiting hours on webpages to load not to mention the hours of my mom's life that she lost on the phone with support and waiting on tech guys to show up only for them to stay for 10 minutes and basically claim we're crazy, internet is fine.

I consistently tested my internet connection between 0.2 and 0.5 (on a good day) when I could have been paying much less elsewhere if that is the speed I could work with. 

This is my last attempt before I get a lawyer.

I would also like to request all documents; internet usage: time on the internet every month, internet speeds, connectivity, amount used, times called and for how long, techs sent to my house, the contract we signed, and any other legal documents I am entitled to. I would like all of these documents for the months that we were "connected" to Hughes Net internet service.

6 REPLIES 6
cnw008
Freshman

Apparently no one is concerned about this issue so I will proceed with my own investigation of the assistance I should have been receiving.

Hi cnw008,

I apologize for the slow reply. I've located your account and I will start from the beginning until now researching your history with us. By doing this I'll be able to put together a better picture of what is going on and piece together everything so we can agree on a resolution. I will have a response for you in the next couple of days and appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

Amanda

This is exactly my point. A week later and still nothing. Similar to the multiple phone calls we made and techs we encountered.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

It can take the reps a few business days to reply.  It's only been two, so please give them a chance.  

@Liz

@Amanda

AnnC
New Poster

I am with you also, been complaining to them about the service here as well along with GB being taken as soon as upgraded, there is no way I used almost 3 GB in an hour and 2300 was in 15 min, they gave it back in tokens, I also had not been notified that what you do not use you loose until today when I called to find out where they went i had a little more than 14,000 left and they took them and reset me to 20,000.  I use more than ten so upgraded to the next highest after shutting down everything that can use it, tv, tv satilite, phones, computer off when not in use, and still use GB even when no one is home.  There answer is alway we will give you so many tokens, and you are not at full speed like you are supposed to be with tokens many complaints about that as well, tech was at my home and said it was not my devices and to call Hughsnet back with same result as any other time I called it's my devices.  

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@AnnC

A few things...

Firstly, things that are off are often not really off, but in standby, and still connected.  Those things can still use data.  Satellite TV receivers, especially those of DirecTV, are notorious for this, and they can wipe out your data in short order, as they use data for more than just On Demand, and again, even when they are "off".  

Secondly, depending on your speed and depending on what's using the data, it's entirely possible to burn through 3GB in fifteen minutes, or even less time, much less an hour.  

Thirdly, the only way to ensure that nothing can use data when you aren't actively using the service is to unplug the modem.  

If you'd like help in determing what is utilizing so much of your data please start a new topic in the Tech Support section, which you can do through the following link...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

In the meantime, the following two threads may be of help...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...