How much to end my contract?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soutowifi
New Poster

How much to end my contract?

I know my contract is up 10/25/2019 but I was wondering how much it would be to end my contract now? Also, if I do wait to cancel when my contract ends, what will I have to do at that time?

Thanks,

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi Sarah,

If you were to call in to cancel now, your ETF would be $145. If you want to wait until your contract ends, call us then at 866.347.3292, we'll provide all the details regarding the cancellation process and confirm the cancellation.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@soutowifi 

The Early Termination Fee is $400 for the first 90 days after service activation, then $15 less per month thereafter for the remainder of the 24 month contract.  So, if you started your service on 10/25/2017, your ETF should presently be somewhere around $175.  It's been 18 months since activation.  $400 for the first three, then minus $225 for the 15 (X $15) months since then.  

If you have HughesNet Voice service, it's $10 times the number of months you have remaining in the 24 month contract for the Voice service.   

This is an estimate.  The reps should be able to give you a more precise figure.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They should reply on Monday or Tuesday.  

Hope this helps.  🙂  

Liz

Hi Sarah,

If you were to call in to cancel now, your ETF would be $145. If you want to wait until your contract ends, call us then at 866.347.3292, we'll provide all the details regarding the cancellation process and confirm the cancellation.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I am not happy with this service and was not told it came with a dish.  My service was installed on April 21 and I called the home office on Wednesday and found out I was already out of time and had to go up to the $129 package.  I call them within the first three days of having this service and I should of been able to cancel then.  When I check my usage I find it now to say 97% and 100%  and I know I have watched TV between 2 a.m. and 8 a.m. and so this usage meter is not correct.  The buffering is terrible it starts at 8 p.m. until about 6 a.m.  I would never recommend this service to anyone.  It is horrible.  I am not using or watching HD.  I am using SD  I have shut off each set when I am not in that room.  I turn off my computer when I leave the room.  When I call Customer service they told me I was at 40% used and I have 17 days left.  Then the Bonus Zone hasn't had anything used and I told him I watched TV between the hours of 2 a.m. and 8 a.m.  So they even lie to us.  I am think that the amount I would have to pay to get out of the contract is probably cheap than to have all this flustration.  I have been trying to get an e-mail address for them but can't get them.  This is horrible.

@samison4248 wrote:

I am not happy with this service and was not told it came with a dish.

Really? It's a satellite service and you couldn't figure out it came with a dish?

Your whole credibility went out with the first sentence. In fact the rest of it makes no sense, either.

Was this meant to be a parody of complaints?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

For the first 90 days after service installation, you pay $400 to break the contract. After that, the amount goes down by $15 every month ($385, $370, etc.).

If you need further help, please start a new conversation under myAccount and Billing.  This place where you posted is someone else's conversation, and you may not get any further replies.  To start a new conversation, go to the link and click on "Start a topic."

GabeU

@samison4248 wrote:

When I check my usage I find it now to say 97% and 100%  and I know I have watched TV between 2 a.m. and 8 a.m. and so this usage meter is not correct.   

This is because your data allotment in continually replenished during your first 20 days of service.  This is colloquially known as the "Relaxed Bandwidth Period".  It's given as a courtesy, to allow new customers to update/upgrade their devices to current without it affecting their regular monthly data allotment, as these activities can use a lot of data.  These 20 days of relaxed bandwidth are explained in the Welcome email sent by HughesNet.

@samison4248 wrote:

The buffering is terrible it starts at 8 p.m. until about 6 a.m.  I would never recommend this service to anyone.  It is horrible.  I am not using or watching HD.  I am using SD  

Are you making sure to shut off, or pause, the Video Data Saver when you stream?  You may need to.  You can do so in the Video Settings section of the HughesNet Usage Meter or in the Settings section of the HughesNet myAccount site (you have to sign in).

@samison4248 wrote:

Then the Bonus Zone hasn't had anything used and I told him I watched TV between the hours of 2 a.m. and 8 a.m.  So they even lie to us.   

It's likely that no data was deducted from the Bonus Zone because you were still in the Relaxed Bandwidth Period while you streamed during the overnight hours.

@samison4248 wrote:

I call them within the first three days of having this service and I should of been able to cancel then.   

I am think that the amount I would have to pay to get out of the contract is probably cheap than to have all this flustration.  I have been trying to get an e-mail address for them but can't get them.  This is horrible.

The contract is active the second the service goes live.  There is no trial or test period in which to cancel the service without an Early Termination Fee.  

The Early Termination Fee is $400 for the first 90 days after service activation, then $15 less per month thereafter.  (Edit:  I missed that maratsade had already explained the ETF amounts above).