Hughesnet Community

I need to talk to someone higher than a floor manager at a call center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike Taylor

I need to talk to someone higher than a floor manager at a call center

I called in December to cancel my service. I was informed that my contract was not up and that I would have to pay an early termination fee of $160 OR I could suspend my service and cancel with no early termination fee in June. So...I called today to terminate service and now they are telling me that what I was told in December is wrong and I have to pay $160. After complaining quite a bit, they asked if I wanted them to go back and listen to the call from December, I said, "absolutely!". Conveniently enough, they can not find the call so they offered to lower my early termination fee to $80. This is NOT acceptable. How do I contact a higher up? 
9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Mike,

The reps on here are only on from Monday through Friday, and only until 5pm (I'm not sure when they start).  This would be the place to get the help, as the reps on here are at the corporate level and are fantastic, but again, they won't be back until Monday.  One thing they will almost assuredly ask for is the serial number from your modem so they can locate your account.  DO NOT post your SAN/account number. 

You probably won't get much further on the phone, although you could keep trying.  Again, though, your best bet is to post the serial number from your modem and wait to see what happens on Monday.  It's probably not what you wanted to hear right now, in that it's going to be Monday, but it's really your best option at this point.

Again, DO NOT post your SAN/account number.  Only post the serial number from your modem.   

Amanda

Hello Mike,

Welcome to our community. As GabeU mentioned, this is definitely the right place to get help for your concerns and we'll do anything we can to figure out what happened and make things right. We'll need a recent case number or the serial number from your modem in order to locate your account, investigate and get back to you. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you
Amanda
Mike Taylor

Here is the case #54353014. Also, my credit card has already been charged. The charge was $160 even though I was told it would $80. Again, I was not told the truth.
wren2
New Poster

That's why when I leave this outfit I will cancel my card BEFORE I tell them to cancel service.
Mike Taylor

Here is the case #54353014. Also, my credit card has already been charged. The charge was $160 even though I was told it would $80. Again, I was not told the truth.
Amanda

Hi Mike

Thank you for your patience. I was able to locate you with that case number and investigate. I do see that our agents offered to waive half of your early termination fee (but never added the credit!), but upon looking up the older notes, I noticed something else. You mentioned in another call (as per the notes) that when you suspended in December, the agent did not inform you that it would suspend your contract as well. Unfortunately we cannot go back and listen to this call and I do not see that the agent notated they informed you about our suspension policies before processing. In what I hope will be a show of good faith, I will go ahead and refund you the total early termination fee of $160 to your card on file. Please let me know once you have received it so that we may close your case.

Your new case number for our interaction here is 54579714 

Thank you
Amanda
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

To the rescue once more.

Mike Taylor

Money has been returned to credit card. Thank you!
Amanda

Good to hear! Let me know if you need anything in the future and I would be happy to help.

Thanks
Amanda