I would love to cancel my service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
COREYANGFINLEY
Sophomore

I would love to cancel my service.

I want to cancel my service. My service is awful. I have speeds down to 1mbs. How can I get this done?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Lets see if we can somehow get you back on track.

Your first comment was to the effect of  "I wish to cancel my sevice".

Answer: You can NOT cancel your service via the Community. It must be done by phone.

The number to do so is: (866) 347-3292

Your second comment was:. "Is hughsnet going to let me out of what is left on my contract?"

The anser again is .. Not likely and not without good reason and not without a good faith effort at troubleshooting the issue.

Your third comment was:  "I can name off all kinds of reasons. Slow connection speeds. And by slow I am talking about 1mbs"

The answer is ... Anything can break .. if its broke, it needs to have the root cause determined. You have yet to do that within this topic. To do so we have to determine the baseline performance of your system under a controled set of conditions. I will post the procedure for doing so at the end of my reply.

Your fourth comment was:  "I would like to see a copy of the contract I signed"

Answer: As stated to you previously your terminal could not have been registered and put into sevice without you having accepted the Subscriber Agreement at the time of installation. There is no actual "signature" but there is a digital signature obtained by the installer the time of modem registration.

You stated in part:  'My hole hughesnet experience has been less than sad. I should have known that this wasn't going to be good when the installer drilled a hole on accident threw my wall and just left it. When I contacted hughesnet about getting it fixed they never returned a call'

Installers are required to submit pictures of key areas of every install. I suggest that you post a photo of the hole that you feel the installer improperly drilled.

The forum Mods are at the Corporate level and can pull up the pictures submitted by the installer.

You also stated in part:  " All I want is better service than a half a mbs speed and a hole in my wall fixed. I would be happy if they just sent me a box to send there stuff back and waive the etf. I am willing to work with hughesnet if they would be willing to work with "

Answer: You will not be let out of your contract unless a review of your sales call indicates that the service was not properly presented to you.

The hole in the wall can be reviewed and addressed after you post pictures of what you feel was done improperly.

As to "better service" we need to measure what your system performance levels are by doing a series of speed tests. That process will be outlined at the end of this reply.

As to performance we need to have you open the Modems SCC (System Control Center) at 192.168.0.1 and see if there are any current active error codes and to insure you are not in FAP.

If all is well there it is time to run a series of speed tests:

To help the Hughesnet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, you should create a testmy.net account and perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, all using a 12MB manual download test. Then share the account results link with us here.  You can do so by clicking on "Results" and copying the URL in the address bar and pasting it into a reply post.  

Please keep in mind that Hughesnet will only accept testmy.net and the official Hughesnet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points:

-perform the tests while signed into the testmy.net account
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO ROUTER or Wireless devices)
-use the 12MB size download test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

coreyangfinley,

To cancel service you need to call (866) 347-3292 and request that your account be closed.  Please remember to return your Hughesnet Modem, and the transmitter if a lease customer, they are located on the dish otherwise you may face un-returned equipment fees.

Thanks,
C0RR0SIVE

Is hughsnet going to let me out of what is left on my contract?

I can name off all kinds of reasons. Slow connection speeds. And by slow I am talking about 1mbs. At best I might be getting 3 to 4 mbs in the middle of the night. This hole site is full of people having the same issues. COME ON. THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON HERE

Those are not legitimate reasons for being let out of contract as the contract states that speeds may be reduced due to network congestion.

I would like to see a copy of the contract I signed.

Hughesnet Gen4 Subscriber Agreement: http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-01-01-15.cfm
Hughesnet Gen5 Subscriber Agreement: http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm
Information on Early Termination Fees: http://legal.hughesnet.com/ForYourHome.cfm
Hughesnet Fair Access Policies: http://legal.hughesnet.com/FairAccessPolicy.cfm
Hughesnet Acceptable Use Policy: http://legal.hughesnet.com/AcceptableUsePolicy.cfm

For a Hughesnet system to become active, you must agree to the contract and sign off with a digital signature, otherwise modem activation can not occur.

The terms are explained on the phone, and a URL is provided to view them in full, and if you provided an email address during sign up, Hughesnet will forward a confirmation email to you with links to the terms, prior to the install.

I never signed anything. I need you to show me my signature.

Not sure if @Liz can show it publically, but I can promise you, a digital signature is required for installation to start, and required again after installation is completed.

A promise is not good enough for me. I want to see a signature. I am tired of paying for this awful service. If I can't see some proof then I don't see how I could have entered into any kind of contract

Well i guess I will just stop paying my bill. When I get proof that I have signed any kind of contract then I will be happy to uphold my end of the deal.

I mean really! I am down to 0.5 mbs! This is crazy. I am paying 60 bucks a month for this. I would love to call and try to get this fixed but the last time I tried I couldn't understand the foreign person that hughesnet has answering the phone. My hole hughesnet experience has been less than sad. I should have known that this wasn't going to be good when the installer drilled a hole on accident threw my wall and just left it. When I contacted hughesnet about getting it fixed they never returned a call to me. Help help help. All I want is better service than a half a mbs speed and a hole in my wall fixed. I would be happy if they just sent me a box to send there stuff back and waive the etf. I am willing to work with hughesnet if they would be willing to work with me

Hello. Is there any help out there?

Lets see if we can somehow get you back on track.

Your first comment was to the effect of  "I wish to cancel my sevice".

Answer: You can NOT cancel your service via the Community. It must be done by phone.

The number to do so is: (866) 347-3292

Your second comment was:. "Is hughsnet going to let me out of what is left on my contract?"

The anser again is .. Not likely and not without good reason and not without a good faith effort at troubleshooting the issue.

Your third comment was:  "I can name off all kinds of reasons. Slow connection speeds. And by slow I am talking about 1mbs"

The answer is ... Anything can break .. if its broke, it needs to have the root cause determined. You have yet to do that within this topic. To do so we have to determine the baseline performance of your system under a controled set of conditions. I will post the procedure for doing so at the end of my reply.

Your fourth comment was:  "I would like to see a copy of the contract I signed"

Answer: As stated to you previously your terminal could not have been registered and put into sevice without you having accepted the Subscriber Agreement at the time of installation. There is no actual "signature" but there is a digital signature obtained by the installer the time of modem registration.

You stated in part:  'My hole hughesnet experience has been less than sad. I should have known that this wasn't going to be good when the installer drilled a hole on accident threw my wall and just left it. When I contacted hughesnet about getting it fixed they never returned a call'

Installers are required to submit pictures of key areas of every install. I suggest that you post a photo of the hole that you feel the installer improperly drilled.

The forum Mods are at the Corporate level and can pull up the pictures submitted by the installer.

You also stated in part:  " All I want is better service than a half a mbs speed and a hole in my wall fixed. I would be happy if they just sent me a box to send there stuff back and waive the etf. I am willing to work with hughesnet if they would be willing to work with "

Answer: You will not be let out of your contract unless a review of your sales call indicates that the service was not properly presented to you.

The hole in the wall can be reviewed and addressed after you post pictures of what you feel was done improperly.

As to "better service" we need to measure what your system performance levels are by doing a series of speed tests. That process will be outlined at the end of this reply.

As to performance we need to have you open the Modems SCC (System Control Center) at 192.168.0.1 and see if there are any current active error codes and to insure you are not in FAP.

If all is well there it is time to run a series of speed tests:

To help the Hughesnet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, you should create a testmy.net account and perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, all using a 12MB manual download test. Then share the account results link with us here.  You can do so by clicking on "Results" and copying the URL in the address bar and pasting it into a reply post.  

Please keep in mind that Hughesnet will only accept testmy.net and the official Hughesnet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points:

-perform the tests while signed into the testmy.net account
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO ROUTER or Wireless devices)
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

and then after doing all their work you still have to pay the bill!

My installer just left my house, giving them my credit card a week ago in Dec. i was give a promocode for Dish, i called Dish and there comment was We are no longer  with hughesnet. Afterwards called support 15 times, with seeral e-mails and a chat. All with no responce back. i just disconnected with Exede, i have never had a exsperince with them like this. can't get anyone' but i did talk with my bank to stop all payments, and change service back !

Hi Corey,

Welcome and thank you for posting. I'm glad to see our community has stepped in to guide you. If I see some http://testmy.net results, I can have a look at your system and escalate to our engineers here at corporate if needed to address your speed concerns. 

Regarding your signatures, I've PM'd you both of them so please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning Corey,

Please be sure to check your PMs, as I have replied to yours this morning.

In addition to the requested speed tests, please ensure the connector on the coaxial cable to your HughesNet modem is secure and not loose, as this may also impact performance. 

Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Corey,

Thanks for running a speed test. Our engineers need the tests run in a particular manner so we are evaluating the most accurate results. I won't be able to submit this single test performed via Android device. As Gwalk previously mentioned, here are the full steps:

-perform the tests while signed into the testmy.net account (here's how to get signed up http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx)

-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

If you have any other questions about the tests, feel free to post back, our community regulars can help you get the required tests done.

Also, did you ensure the connector on the coaxial cable to your HughesNet modem is secure and not loose? I'll need confirmation this has been done, please--a loose connection can also affect performance.