Hughesnet Community

Unethical bundle promises

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silverantlers

Unethical bundle promises

When we signed up for hughesnet, we also signed up for directtv and were promised a discount on our bill from hughesnet. The promised discount should bring our bill to $67 according to our original agent we signed up with. Discount has not been applied to account, and I have called 5 times and emailed twice about it and was promised by a supervisor last month that she had it fixed, would take care of the first month bill and would apply it to our bill for our entire 24 month contract. Get our bill this month-no discount and twice the price. I called again and got another agent who says that there is no mention of honoring the bundled discount, no directtv discount whatsoever, and that to apologize for our bill being $30 more a month than it is supposed to be, she can apply a $10 credit for 3 months. Because that TOTALLY makes up for the $30 per month difference in the price we agreed on and signed up with.
9 REPLIES 9
MarkJFine
Professor

I could be wrong, but I don't see where HughesNet offers a bundle with DirecTV. At least there's nothing on the optional services page.

That said, there's a lot going the other way around: DirecTV (and other less scrupulous fly-by-night marketeers I might add) offers several internet bundles. One of those happens to be with HughesNet.

So it begs the question: If you really first signed with a TV provider that offered a bundle with HughesNet, how would HughesNet know unless that company told them? Wouldn't your problem therefore be with the satellite TV company and not HughesNet?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It's very possible that the bundle was offered by a marketeer and not by either company -- the OP should go back to that marketeer and complain to them. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Have to agree, sure sounds like complaint should be with whatever company offered the bundle, not HughesNet directly. Most one of the mods here might be able to do is check into the reseller to see if they are an authorized sales outlet and investigate their practices. Would need to know who sold the bundle.

Also being a third party seller their may be no recording of the sales call and then becomes a "he said, she said" situation.

In any event, this is the second time in two days where people have misused and/or misdirected the term 'unethical', automatically blaming HughesNet for something it likely has no control over.

Back in the old days there would be serious repercussions for false accusations such as these. Apparently people just don't care about due diligence and properly laying any associated blame. Just as long as they eventually get the result they're looking for.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

A lot of these posts that throw around terms such as "unethical" and "fraud" show considerable ignorance on the part of the poster: ignorance of industry standards and industry regulation, for example, and often even ignorance about the meaning of the very terms they're using.  It may be that for these people false accusations are more comfortable and easier than self-responsibility.  Interestingly, they do not seem to realise how unethical their own behaviour is.  

Amanda

Hello Silverantlers,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I've located your account and sales call recording. I will review the call to get a better understanding of what our sales agent offered to you and reply here with the results. Your patience is appreciated.

Thank you,

Amanda

Epbutler
Spectator

I wouldn’t even paying bill, but service stinks.
I get next to no wi-go connection to smart phone or desktop in room aside box. Calling support is of no use.
If it rains, can’t watch tv either.
You can always pay the bill though
GabeU

@Epbutler

As replied to you in one of the other threads you posted in...

There's no need for you to disrupt this thread, or others, with your completely unrelated issue/complaint.  Please have enough respect for people attempting to receive help to not do so. 

If you would like help, please start a new topic in the appropriate section for your issue.   

Amanda

Hi Silverantlers,

The call recording that I have on file for you indicates that you called DirecTV who had placed the order for the TV service, but there was an arrangement for you to call them back on that upcoming Friday to finish ordering the rest of the package (which included HughesNet). However, the call made was directly to the Hughes Customer Support phone number, where they transferred you to our sales group and that is the only recording I have. 

I will be escalating your case to our contact at DirecTV for review. Thank you again for being patient while we work this out.

~Amanda