Warning!! Dont rely on hughes email

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chynst1
New Poster

Warning!! Dont rely on hughes email

I lost my Hughes email account because of their customer support incompetence. I am being told I can never get it back.

Never use it for anything important. You will be sorry.

11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Could you provide a bit more detail as to what happened/how it happened? 

I have everything that comes to the HN email forwarded to another email address, so in the event of catastrophic failure, there's a copy. 

Usually an email account is terminated because of spam complaints.

That wouldn't be the case here, would it?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@chynst1 

What was customer service doing that caused you to "lose" your email?  Some clarity would surely help.  Without that, your post doesn't really help anyone.   

Plenty of HughesNet's 1.3+ million customers rely on their email every day without issue.

I had equipment failure on my Gen 4. They talked me in to upgrading to Gen 5. After upgrading they said I had to regiter the new account on myhughesnet. It wouldn't let me. They then told me it was because I didn't cancel the old account. They canceled it for me. Told me I would be able to register it after july 31st. I tried all through August and just gave up.

This past Friday my email stopped working. I contacted them and was told they can register it for me and they did.

Then they tell me the email is not working because I canceled my account and that email can never be used again. The nice lady also told me I didn't have to cancel the old account. They told me wrong the first time.

GabeU

@chynst1 

So the problem wasn't actually Hughes email.  The problem was the rep who told you to cancel the account.  That's a considerable difference.  In reality, you didn't need to change anything, as an upgrade from Gen4 to Gen5 doesn't change anything with your MyAccount sign on or email.  That doesn't help now, though, of course, and I only mention it for anyone reading this thread who's considering upgrading.          

You should be able to register your new email address with all of your online accounts, though I've no doubt you lost many addresses that you needed.  😞  

If they cant give me the old email account back then I cant risk using their mail anymore.

Who knows what they will tell me to do next time something happens

maratsade

You may want to consider using something else, like Gmail. 

chynst1 wrote:

If they cant give me the old email account back then I cant risk using their mail anymore.

Who knows what they will tell me to do next time something happens

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

You may want to consider using something else, like Gmail. 

That's what I'd recommend, too.  I don't even use my Hughes email for anything other than community notifications (no choice in that), which I then forward to my MSN address.  I think the only other emails I've ever gotten there were a couple of test emails I sent myself and the welcome email from HughesNet.

maratsade

I do the same thing, only use it for notifications, and also have it set up to forward everything. 

@GabeU wrote:

That's what I'd recommend, too.  I don't even use my Hughes email for anything other than community notifications (no choice in that), which I then forward to my MSN address.  I think the only other emails I've ever gotten there were a couple of test emails I sent myself and the welcome email from HughesNet.

Unsure why a new email account can't be restablished with the old name unless there was a problem with it.

This is done all the time.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine wrote:

Unsure why a new email account can't be restablished with the old name unless there was a problem with it.

This is done all the time.

They told me on the phone that once its closed
it can never be used again. If you know how can you please let me know.?