Hughesnet Community

Why are we being force fed fake MSM propaganda on our myhughesnet page?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachael
Freshman

Why are we being force fed fake MSM propaganda on our myhughesnet page?

Why is 'myhughesnet' not actually my hughesnet, but YOUR hughesnet page, why are we being force fed fake MSM propaganda without any controls?

8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Hughesnet doesn't have control over the news feed.  I don't know if they can offer users the ability to opt out of it, but that may be something to consider.  The mods may have a better answer. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Hopefully someone from the company will be able to explain and be accountable for the product that they produce

Good morning rachael,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, I'll pass this along to management. As maratsade noted, we don't control what news articles appear in your HughesNet portal. In the meantime, there are other options available for your personal homepage, here's a nice starting point to find one that best fits your needs.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@rachael

No one is forced to use myHughesNet, nor any other site.  You can always set google.com as your home page.  Nothing there but a search engine.  

Or, if you'd like to start your day with "fake GOP propaganda", to use your terminology, you can always make Fox News your home page.  

Lol... I wasn't gonna say anything, but 'propaganda' is the in the eyes of the beholder these days... 😜

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

Lol... I wasn't gonna say anything, but 'propaganda' is the in the eyes of the beholder these days... 😜

And truth isn't truth anymore.

@BirdDog wrote:

And truth isn't truth anymore.

So sayeth the Mayor.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I've actually never seen the Hughesnet newsfeed. Anyone can set their computer/laptop to open to any page they want. Mine used to open straight into my email. I now have my homepage set to BBC news. Just happens to be my preference.