customer dissatisfied

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cthrower
New Poster

customer dissatisfied

i have only had this serice since March 26, 2020 and i have been trying to call to cancel it since April 2nd, no one told me when i signed up for this serice that i could not connect to my works VPN server with this service i found that out by chatting with a customer service rep, and that is the only reason i even got internet, i have had to use my cell phones hot spot to be able to work from home, i advised them that i was getting internet to work from home, no one told me about a 2 year minimum contract or about any cancellation fees the only thing i was told or asked was what kind of siding did we have on our home, i have called and called the number to cancel and noone ever answers it just keeps telling me to call back later, this is ridiculous, this service is worthless to me if i have to use my cell phones hotspot to even work, and thats not the only problem we cant watch a movie on netflix because it buffers through out the movie, we try to use our cell phones to do anything and if we have the wifi turned on it just spins and spins but if we shut off the wifi then guess what we have no problem, i want this canceled and i need someone from hughesnet to get ahold of me ASAP because im not paying another months bills for a worthless product so i can get an internet/wifi that actually works and i dont have to keep paying for something i cant even use and paying for the data cost for my cell phones hotspot. and beleive me i will tell everyone i know that this is the worst company for internet and customer service

20 REPLIES 20
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

To cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292. You may have to pay an early termination fee if you're still under contract. See http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

To avoid equipment charges, you will also need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.

I have called numerous times for the last two weeks at all different times of the day and night and never get a “live person “ just get the same recording to call back later and sorry to say but no I will not be paying any cancellation fees when I haven’t had this service for a month and it’s completely useless to me to work from home and was never advised of any minimum contract or cancellation fees or that I could not use this useless internet to connect to my works VPN server nor was I asked about anything like that when I specifically told them I needed internet to work from home , so I’ll be glad to send their useless equipment back , but as far as paying any kind of fees well that’s not going to happen because I’m paying for data to use my cell phones hotspot to even be able to work from home and paid them for the first month of service which I haven’t even used and they can see that by the fact I still have 100% usage left , and I’m sorry I know all about the covid 19 etc and I too work on the phone dealing with customers and for them to have absolutely no one to take mine or anyone else’s calls it just plain ridiculous and terrible customer service

Hi cthrower,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

lissylou707
New Poster

SAME HERE!!!!!!

maratsade

To cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292. You may have to pay an early termination fee if you're still under contract. See http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

To avoid equipment charges, you will also need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.

lissylou707 wrote:

SAME HERE!!!!!!

Same here @!! 5 days my contract is up. If I don't get thru will i have to sign up 2 more years I want out now call
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@roanoke52 wrote:
Same here @!! 5 days my contract is up. If I don't get thru will i have to sign up 2 more years I want out now call

If you don't upgrade, you should be able to cancel at any time. I have been contract free for about 5 yrs.

maratsade

You can cancel any time without ETF, Roanoke. Given you're so disgruntled, you might want to consider getting out ASAP.

roanoke52 wrote:
mxracer360
New Poster

I have had to do the same thing, nothing works, tablet,  TV ect...

Ran a speed test a bunch of times, takes 10 minutes to get to the

page, average speed is .2 MBS, so pretty much unusable, TV is

plugged into the modem and is unwatchable.

hed the tech out and said I'm getting a perfect signal and it must be

on Huges side of things.

several calls emails and chats have done nothing, they don't call

or email back.

I just want my money back and end this usless internet !!!!speed.PNG

maratsade

In order to give the mods a chance to individualise their help and attention, please start a new topic under Tech Support. Just go there, click "start a topic" and copy/paste the information you posted here. 

mxracer360 wrote:

I have had to do the same thing, nothing works, tablet,  TV ect...

Ran a speed test a bunch of times, takes 10 minutes to get to the

page, average speed is .2 MBS, so pretty much unusable, TV is

plugged into the modem and is unwatchable.

hed the tech out and said I'm getting a perfect signal and it must be

on Huges side of things.

several calls emails and chats have done nothing, they don't call

or email back.

I just want my money back and end this usless internet !!!!

Tried to do it there, won't let me...

"Try back later" 15 times

It's becoming a joke !

PS, using my hotspot to even do this...

maratsade

Yes, it's super frustrating, though "a joke" it is not. These are pretty weird times we're living in. 

Maybe the mods can move your post to the right section. 

billgriggs1
Freshman

We feel your pain, Most of us live with Hughes Dissapointment

This unreal... how can they operate like this, I know other people that have it and it works fine....

maratsade

Probably many reasons, some on their side, some on your side.  Why not wait until a rep begins working with you?

mxracer360 wrote:

This unreal... how can they operate like this, I know other people that have it and it works fine....

My side...just spent an hour on the phone, they do not guarantee any speeds... a .4 mbs speed is acceptable to them

they want to charge me 400.00 dollars for an unuable service!

GabeU

@mxracer360 

Please stop posting your issue and pictures on this thread.  If you need help, please start your own topic.  If it doesn't work, please wait and try again.

maratsade

You're not forced to live with this ISP; you do have the option to cancel.  Are you still under contract? You were in 2/18, you may be off contract now. Maybe a different ISP would better suit your needs. 

You also have the option to work with the people on this community to maximise your experience.  Why not do that?

billgriggs1 wrote:

We feel your pain, Most of us live with Hughes Dissapointment

Well I have been trying for 2 weeks to cancel, it never gets through when I select cancel.

I have had the service for 3 weeks now and haven't been able to use it....

I have tried at all diff. times of the day to see if it works better.... and not one bit...

Took 10 minutes to run the test

speed now.PNG

Liz

Hi cthrower,

Thank you so much for your patience while your sales call review request was investigated. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!