cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer unservice

Highlighted
New Poster

customer unservice

After a two tear stint in the purgatory of Hughes net which included: very slow speeds data caps no streaming ability and very high cost Upon ending our relationship I find that they want me to climb on my two story house to remove a transponder that their technician installed or they will charge me $300

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: customer unservice

@cooperbrowdy 

HughesNet does offer a de-install service.  You can inquire about it by calling 866-347-3292.  I believe the fee is either $100 or $125, though I'm not positive.   However, you would still be responsible for sending the equipment back in the equipment return kit that they send you.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Freshman

Hack saw

Highlighted

Wow,

The modem in my house stopped working and they had the guts to charge me $125 to replace their modem.  I will be dropping this BS service as soon as my contract is up.  We need to let others know how bad this company treats its customers.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

You had a bad experience and you automatically assume everyone has bad experiences? That's pretty ignorant. 

Also, if you post under myAccount and Billing or under Tech Support, and explain, without rudeness, what happened,  a HN employee will check your account, and you may end up with a refund or a free new modem.   Your choice, of course. Maybe you prefer being rude and grumpy.  

Tommarsh wrote:

Wow,

The modem in my house stopped working and they had the guts to charge me $125 to replace their modem.  I will be dropping this BS service as soon as my contract is up.  We need to let others know how bad this company treats its customers.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Three recent posts, all of them off-topic gripes. #smh

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

@MarkJFine wrote:

Three recent posts, all of them off-topic gripes. #smh

And the vast majority of them from new members who never bothered to ask for help, but rather just signed up to drop one off complaints.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

A drive by whine.  So pointless it's not even funny. 

GabeU wrote:

And the vast majority of them from new members who never bothered to ask for help, but rather just signed up to drop one off complaints.

Highlighted
Teaching Assistant

It will never change.

Highlighted

@Reggie wrote:

It will never change.

Unfortunately, no, it won't.  Smiley Sad

But, I am glad that the majority who use this community do so for its intended purpose, as in asking for help and, for those who choose to, attempting to help those asking for it.  Smiley Happy