Do my tokens look fatter?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBuster
Senior

Do my tokens look fatter?

I noticed my prepaid tokens look like they gained some weight...they were 500MB each before.  Anyone else seeing this?

Just click the kudo if your tokens are 1GB too so I can count everyone!

MrB.png

9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

It looks like this has happened with both Prepaid and Free tokens.  

I just tried one of the tokens and it still counted as 500MB, and so I am guessing the 1GB on the screen is just a label.  I suspect the new tokens are 1GB, but the old tokens still count as 500MB.

GabeU

Interesting.  I don't have any of the original ones left to bank, as I banked all that I had, though I wish I had saved a couple from doing so.  If I still had some I would try to see what happens.  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

The prepaid/free tokens are generally only seen on HN7000/9000 systems, with so few users on such systems now, it would make sense to bump the allotment up.

Has the webpage been changed to no longer allow tokens to be "banked" (ready to be used, but not transferred to be active)? 

There is now just a 'buy tokens' button, and when I click it a popup asks for confirmation of a purchase without showing what you are buying.  It is also not showing the window that allows you to choose the number of tokens to buy and shows how many banked but not yet active tokens there are remaining to be used.  Does everyone think this just a temporary glitch?

GabeU

@MrBuster 

When you buy tokens now they're automatically banked.   Other than that goofy purchase confirmation before even buying anything, which I've brought to the reps' attention before and which is fairly recent, the token popup has been like it currently is for at least a couple of years now.   Though I can't say for sure, I think it changed from needing to manually bank them back in either 2016 or early 2017.  

@GabeU wrote:

@MrBuster 

When you buy tokens now they're automatically banked.   Other than that goofy purchase confirmation before even buying anything, which I've brought to the reps' attention before and which is fairly recent, the token popup has been like it currently is for at least a couple of years now.   Though I can't say for sure, I think it changed from needing to manually bank them back in either 2016 or early 2017.  

I see this still shows the message asking to confirm the purchase before showing the screen.  If I click 'Yes' will it show the screen showing the tokens available for use that have not been "banked" to show on the HT2000W System Control Center?  (Personally having them in the "bank" would to my way of thinking with this analogy imply you have not yet selected to use/activate them, much as cash in the bank implies you have not yet withdrawn the cash from the ATM)

I had 6 500MByte tokens from a while back, and I last used a token "banking it" out from this screen to make it active 7/31/2019, but with the unusual confirmation page I am hesitant to continue by clicking 'yes' to view these tokens since I do not intend to purchase more tokens, just view the status of the 6 tokens that have been sitting there for a while.  When you asked about this confirmation page, what did they say?  Although you mention this changing in 2016/2017, I was not with HughesNet then, and did not have any tokens until 2018.  To use a token, as I last did at the end of July, I had to go to this screen to activate one of the tokens.

GabeU

@MrBuster wrote:

I see this still shows the message asking to confirm the purchase before showing the screen.  If I click 'Yes' will it show the screen showing the tokens available for use that have not been "banked" to show on the HT2000W System Control Center?  (Personally having them in the "bank" would to my way of thinking with this analogy imply you have not yet selected to use/activate them, much as cash in the bank implies you have not yet withdrawn the cash from the ATM)

Yes.  If you click "Yes" in that box it will show you the tokens you have available.  Thus far I haven't heard anything further about the permature purchase confirmation notice, so it might be time to let them know again.  I'll post a pic of it here so that @Liz and the other reps can see it, as it's most definitely confusing and misleading, and in a way that might keep people "using" or buying tokens.  

Capture.JPG

BTW, they/we use the term "banked" due to the three different data amounts being in their own data banks, as in the Anytime Data bank, the Bonus Zone data bank, and the Token data bank.  So, when we've added token data to the token data bank, whether by active purchase or clicking on "use" for any free or prepaid tokens we might have, it's said that the data has been "banked".  I do understand what you mean, though.  

Edit:  I should add that I think the box is supposed to be some kind of notice or warning that you're entering a part of the page in which active purchases can be made, though they should definitely change what it says.  Perhaps "Entering Token Purchase Area" or something similar.

We are currently aware of this issue with the purchase page and our team is working on a resolution. We will check with them to see how far along it is.

-Jay