12.1.9 -- A transmit problem has occurred

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rossalissalove
Freshman

12.1.9 -- A transmit problem has occurred

First problem I am having is our internet service has been very poor over the past few weeks. Our 2g internet has been very slow and has become difficult to use. Second problem is that our 5g internet is nonexistent. The 5g internet will not show up on any of our devices (phones, computers, etc) for us to connect to. We have restarted our modem and all of our devices several times but nothing has worked. The error code 12.1.9 -- A transmit problem has occurred under State Code on systemcontrolcenter.com. Third problem is with hughesnet customer service. We have called the call center a couple of times and it has not been very helpful. Our issues with our internet service still has not been resolved. I was live chatting with a customer service rep and was told that it would cost us $125 to have a technician to come to resolve this issue. That is very unfair considering that it appears that there is an issue with hughesnet's equipment (dish or modem) and that we are good customers who make our monthly payments on time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi rossalissalove,

Thank you for your patience while your case was worked. I pulled up your account and I see that Wade has already issued a dispatch to replace the radio and modem. Your Dispatch is currently scheduled for Thursday, Jun 28, 2018 between 02:00 PM-05:00 PM. I'll privately message you your local tech's contact info so that you can coordinate if that time does not work out for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@rossalissalove

How long have you been seeing the 12.1.9 State Code?  

Regarding the 5Ghz WiFi, if you're not seeing the 5Ghz band as a connection option it's likely that your devices don't have the ability to connect using the 5Ghz band.  Nearly any WiFi capable device can connect via 2.4Ghz WiFi, but many don't have the ability to connect via the 5Ghz band.  

Wade
Alum

Hi Ross, Welcome to the community! I have located your account and have begun running diagnostics on your equipment, and currently everything looks good. With regards to the 12.1.9 state code, the quality of the power source can cause intermittent connectivity and that state code. Is the HughesNet plugged into a surge protector? Temporarily plug the modem into a wall outlet and see if the 12.1.9  and disconnects go away.

-Wade

The modem is plugged directly into the wall outlet and has been for a while. And in regards to the 5g issue, our devices have been able to use it and connect to it up until a few weeks ago when the 5g disappeared and we have not changed devices so it's not an issue of our devices.

GabeU

@rossalissalove

Is it possible that the 5Ghz WiFi was somehow turned off in the modem?  To make sure it's on, go here, then click on WiFi Settings on the left.  Use admin as the password, then check to make sure that the SSID Enable and SSID Broadcast boxes are checked for the 5Ghz radio.  Also, click on Advanced Setup on the left, then Wireless, and make sure that the 5Ghz Frequency Band box is checked.  

I checked all the boxes under the wifi and advanced settings and all of the boxes you mentioned were all checked but our 5g still won't show up. But it looks like our 2g internet is finally working better.

GabeU

@rossalissalove

It's good that your 2.4Ghz WiFi is working better, but you should still be able to see that 5Ghz band if everything is checked, especially if you were able to utilize it previously.  I'm at a loss.  Perhaps others might have an idea.  

One thing I forgot to mention is the State Code.  Not the 12.1.9 you're seeing, but one tied to the 5Ghz WiFi.  I should have had you check, but if the 5Ghz WiFi is off you'd see it giving you a State Code like the following (I turned mine off so it would default to the state code)....

Capture1.JPG

If the boxes are checked and you're not seeing a state code like above, something else is going on, as the modem should be broadcasting the 5Ghz band.  .  

One thing you could try is unchecking the SSID Enable and SSID Broadcast boxes for the 5Ghz band, then click Save Settings.  Then, click on Wireless, and uncheck the box for 5Ghz Frequency Band, and click Save Settings.  Then wait about a minute, and do everything in reverse.  Recheck the box for the 5Ghz Frequency Band, then click Save Settings, then recheck the boxes for the SSID Enable and SSID Broadcast for the 5Ghz band, then click Save Settings.  You could then, on a given device, disconnect from the 2.4Ghz band it's presently connected to and see if the 5Ghz band shows up in the options to connect to.  Other than this, I don't really know what to try.  

I went into the settings and unchecked the boxes you told me to and the 5g actually showed up but I couldn't connect to it. But then a few minutes later I went back in and rechecked those settings and it disappeared again. And the "12.1.9 -- A transmit problem has occurred" message has popped up again. Can't we just get a new modem or something?

I just tried unchecking and rechecking those wifi settings again and this time the 5g popped up after I rechecked all the boxes. I tried to connect to it again but it was showing there was no signal. I enetered in our password for it and it said there's no connection and then the 5g disappears again.

GabeU

@rossalissalove wrote:

I went into the settings and unchecked the boxes you told me to and the 5g actually showed up but I couldn't connect to it. But then a few minutes later I went back in and rechecked those settings and it disappeared again. And the "12.1.9 -- A transmit problem has occurred" message has popped up again. Can't we just get a new modem or something?

Hopefully a rep will take another look at what could be causing the 12.1.9 state code, and possibly the issue with the 5Ghz WiFi.  I don't know that the modem itself is having an issue, but anything's possible.  

@Wade

Untitled-1.jpg

THE ABOVE IS A PICTURE OF THE MESSAGES WE KEEP GETTING FROM THE HUGHESNET SYSTEM CONTROL CENTER. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE. I HAVE BEEN TRYING AND TRYING AND TRYING TO GET SOMEONE FROM HUGHESNET TO FIX THIS PROBLEM TO NO AVAIL. THIS IS NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE! WE KEEP HAVING THE SAME ISSUES OVER AND OVER AGAIN. SLOW INTERNET AND NO ACCESS TO OUR 5G WIFI. WE PAY $100 A MONTH FOR THIS INTERNET SERVICE AND THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. I WANT A SOLUTION TO THESE PROBLEMS PLEASE.

Hi rossalissalove,

Thank you for your patience while your case was worked. I pulled up your account and I see that Wade has already issued a dispatch to replace the radio and modem. Your Dispatch is currently scheduled for Thursday, Jun 28, 2018 between 02:00 PM-05:00 PM. I'll privately message you your local tech's contact info so that you can coordinate if that time does not work out for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

@rossalissalove 

Hopefully @Wade is working on your issue.   

Edit:  You edited the DSS out of the picture, so I'm deleting the edited picture I posted.  🙂