Can't Send Email

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmb366
Freshman

Can't Send Email

Issue started on Tuesday 10/3.  I sent an email at 12:09pm no problem.  Tried to send an email at 1:51pm.  Could not send, message incorrect username and password.  Checked my accounts (I have 3 hughes.net email accounts) and all devices and I could Receive on all emails on all devices but not Send.  I didn't do anything initially as sometimes it just corrects itself in an hour or two.  By noon on Wednesday I could still Receive on all devices and I could Send on my iPad and iPhone but still not on the Desktops.  Currently on Windows Mail and have been wanting to change so setup Outlook and added all email accounts and still can't send.

It's now 6pm on Thursday and here's my status (this is still the same with all 3 email accounts):  

I can Send and Receive on my iPad and iPhone.  I can Send and Receive with Hughesnet Webmail.  I can Receive only but NOT Send on my Desktop with both Windows Mail and Outlook.  I continue to one of two messages either 'please enter your user name and password for the following server' (already entered correctly as other devices work) or 'your username and password is incorrect.'

I have changed the password on all the email accounts.  Cleared my browser history, cache, cookies, etc.  I have not done any windows updates or made any other software or hardware changes.

Not sure what to do next.  Thank you to anybody that might have a solution or the hughesnet moderator if this needs to be submitted to the engineers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Damian

@cmb366

Thank you for posting and I am sorry to hear this. Your username and password are correct and this is not something you caused on your end. Periodically, HughesNet and the external email server will experience a credentials communication issue such as the one you explained, that only affects external email clients like Outlook. This resolves on its on at random and there is no current fix for it outside of using direct email methods for the time being. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing. -Damian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Damian

@cmb366

Thank you for posting and I am sorry to hear this. Your username and password are correct and this is not something you caused on your end. Periodically, HughesNet and the external email server will experience a credentials communication issue such as the one you explained, that only affects external email clients like Outlook. This resolves on its on at random and there is no current fix for it outside of using direct email methods for the time being. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing. -Damian

Thank you for the information.  I already suspected this for reasons why I may lost it for an hour or two periodically however I've never had it be an issue for 3 days before.  Fortunately all 3 of my emails accounts are now sending on the Desktop as approx noon EST so all issues resolved.