Connectivity Issues in Evening

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agoristl
New Poster

Connectivity Issues in Evening

The last few evenings, I've been having issues with connectivity. It will vary from not having upload signal(according to the router) to not having any signal. Sometimes it lasts a few minutes, last night it seemed to last until this morning. 
No inclement weather, nothing seems to have changed environment wise. 
I am at the my data limit but I don't imagine throttling includes no way to send out information or having no connectivity. 
I've restarted the router, my computer, etc, with no notable effect. 
I'm wondering if this is a result of extreme use in my area or if perhaps the dish was just slightly off when installed and now with us going into fall it's having issues aligning?
I'm in the Winona area of Missouri, 65588

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If you're out of data, you would be throttled to slower speeds, and in the evening, when congestion is high, you may easily experience connectivity issues.  

EDIT: When you're experiencing issues, check your modem's internal page at http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status and see if there are any red checks next to anything.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade

If you're out of data, you would be throttled to slower speeds, and in the evening, when congestion is high, you may easily experience connectivity issues.  

EDIT: When you're experiencing issues, check your modem's internal page at http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status and see if there are any red checks next to anything.

That's what I was thinking though I find it odd that on the router it shows either no upload or no up or down. 
Odder still that it seemed to last through the night(or at least it was the same issue when I woke up as when I went to sleep), mostly because I am in a very backwoods rural area and there is little to no nightlife on the weekends, much less weekdays(other than people drinking) so for peak to last that long is weird to me. 
Still, it makes sense, and I'll be reupped in a couple days, I can manage.
Thanks.

maratsade

Check the status code when it happens again and you have data (I guess now it'll show throttled), and look to see whether anything on the dashboard is red.