Continual Connectivity Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surelock
Freshman

Continual Connectivity Issues

We have had ongoing connectivity issues for about a month or so now, typically a reboot will resolve this (although speed seems much slower in the same period as well as identified by Youtube stats). However this time the reboot has resulted in only 3 lights (bottom 2 and top one) on tje modem and no gateway connection, the self diagnostics say that we have a cable connectivity issue but the coaxial cable is finger tight. Please advise.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok started from scratch and removed all cables from modem and with power off reinstalled coaxial (I think it may have been a bit cross threaded as it was a bear to unscrew) and then power as all the lights started to come back on I reinstalled network cables, and it is now working. The issue seems to have been the coaxial was finger tight but cross threaded, thanks for the assitance.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
MarkJFine
Professor

Using a computer or phone connected to the modem, what is the System State Code when you go here.

From your description, it sounds like your radio on the dish is down. If it's not a weather-related dropout you may need a tech visit.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Not good... Is there a way to check the cable connection at the dish? That code essentially means the modem is unable to contact the radio in it. If the connector at the back of the modem is secure, it's possible there's a problem at the other end. If not, you will need a tech to come and check everything out.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

We are both disabled, so climbing a ladder is out. So I guess I will see what we can do next.

@Amanda 

@Liz 

@Jay 

@Hardy 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Just hang tight until a Hughesnet rep on this site looks over your case.  They'll figure out what to do next.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

surelock wrote:
We are both disabled, so climbing a ladder is out. So I guess I will see what we can do next.

Thanks much for the help thus far. Terrible time for this, right after Christmas.

Ok started from scratch and removed all cables from modem and with power off reinstalled coaxial (I think it may have been a bit cross threaded as it was a bear to unscrew) and then power as all the lights started to come back on I reinstalled network cables, and it is now working. The issue seems to have been the coaxial was finger tight but cross threaded, thanks for the assitance.

No problem. That's why this forum is here.

Hi surelock,

Welcome to our community! I see readjusting the cable helped, so if the issue happens again we might need to get someone out to change the connector ends or the modem itself, if the stem is the problem. I will leave your thread open just in case. 

Thanks,

Amanda