cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hooterville
Senior

Email is not loading

Hello,

I am still having trouble loading email.  I have clicked on the developer tools and see that I am getting all kinds of errors. I was told to show the load time, but it does not show that. I keep needing to refresh to page to see anything.  Here is what I get:

2 warnings

[Cache] refresh received
{version: "8.9.0_GA_1011 20201203213404 20201203-2149 NETWORK", mbx: Array(1), tags: {…}, folder: Array(1)}
Sun Dec 13 2020 08:52:44 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
moment.js:277 Deprecation warning: use moment.updateLocale(localeName, config) to change an existing locale. moment.defineLocale(localeName, config) should only be used for creating a new locale See http://momentjs.com/guides/#/warnings/define-locale/ for more info.
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for https://email.hughes.net/email/index.js.map: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0
Inbox:1 [Intervention] Slow network is detected. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5636954674692096 for more details. Fallback font will be used while loading: https://email.hughes.net/fonts/zimbra-icons_bKkzB.ttf
configure-client.js:127 Resource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type text/html: "https://email.hughes.net/clients/hughes.net/index.css?v=4".
zimlet-loader.js:64 [ZimletSDK "serverConsolidatedZimlets"]: Loaded successfully from /service/zimlet/res/Zimlets-nodev_all.zgz?zimbraXZimletCompatibleWith=4.0.0&cacheBust=1607871160928
index.js:152 [Cache] Handling Notification
{seq: 1}
Sun Dec 13 2020 08:52:57 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://email.hughes.net/scripts/tinymce.7a9f5418.chunk.js.map: Load canceled due to load timeout
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://email.hughes.net/bundle.0617b8a….js.map: Load canceled due to load timeout
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for https://email.hughes.net/email/index.js.map: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Liz,

Our new modem came today and I have installed it.  I checked load times.  It is faster now.  The HughesNet homepage took 15 seconds to load and I checked some other websites.  Their load  times are a bit faster.  The email still takes 15 seconds to load.  I am just glad that it is loading.

Thanks for you help,

Mary

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@hooterville 

I tried the Dev Tools and I didn't see it either.  It took me a while to figure out what she was looking at, but I finally found it.  

After you click to go to mail and immediately stop the page from loading (clicking X on the browser's upper left controls), press F12 like she said.  Then change the options along the top row of the Dev Tools to "Network", which is the part that was left out.  Then do the F5 refresh and it will start going through its thing.  Make sure to wait for a minute or two after the page appears to be finished loading, as it may still be loading things that you can't see (it did for me).  If you keep watching the load time you'll see what I mean.  I tend to also watch my modem to make sure the activity lights appear to have stopped blinking for a bit.   

I didn't put the Windows side by side like she had them, but you can still see the load time at the bottom right of the Dev Tools window.

Edit:  Please disregard what's been struck through.  It appears that the Dev Tools will continue to run some kind of test, using bandwidth and data on a never-ending cycle.  So again, please disregard that and just note the page load time, or even take a snapshot of it, after the page has finished loading in the normal fashion.  Sorry for any confusion.

Liz

Good morning hooterville,

Thanks for posting. Webmail is loading too slowly again? To get the load time via the developer tools you have to navigate to the site and reload it after hitting F12 to bring up the developer tool panel.

So when you first navigate to webmail, you can click the X or stop button to stop it from loading, since you want to have it load while the developer tool panel is open to record the loading activity.

After opening the developer tool panel, hit the F5 button to reload webmail. You may have to wait a bit before the load time is shown. I apologize my previous screenshot wasn't clear enough to show where to locate the load time, here is another:

(You can click this picture to make it bigger.)

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Liz 

For some reason it's still not clickable, but it's now big enough to see that the info is under the "Network" tab. 

Capture.PNG  

Hello Liz,

My load time is 14 seconds

Thank you hooterville!

Let me escalate this to our devs for their input. 

To clarify, is it just webmail that's loading this slowly for you or are all sites taking about this long?

At what point do you stop waiting for webmail to load and hit refresh to get it to finally load?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz,

It's interesting you should ask like that.    Actually, 14 seconds is pretty fast.  The HughesNet home page takes 25 seconds to load, which I need in order to get to my email.  There are times when the top of the page won't load and then I can't click on email.  Then I have to reload the page.  This has happened several times. 

I usually wait about 2 minutes and then if the page doesn't load then I hit refresh.  

I would say that the HughesNet home page and email are the slowest to load of all but other sites can also take a while to load sometimes.

Mary

That IS interesting. So it sounds more like the HughesNet home page where you click on the My Email link is the main issue then?

-Liz

Hello Liz,

Yes, I need to load the HughesNet homepage first to get email.  This time it took 30 seconds to load. Then I clicked on email.  That took 15 seconds to load after I put in my username and password.

Thank you for the clarification, Mary. Does accessing the HughesNet homepage at different times of the day/evening make any difference?

-Liz

Hello Liz,

No, the time of day doesn't make any difference.  It's even slow during the bonus period.

Mary

Hi Mary

Thanks for this clarification. Let me discuss with our folks, we'll keep you posted.

-Liz

Hi again,

To be sure we're on the same page, you're using this URL to access your HughesNet homepage?: https://my.hughesnet.com/

If not, try that URL instead and let me know if you notice any difference in load time.

If it's still slow, try disabling Web Acceleration (WAS) and let me know if there's any difference then.

To disable WAS, follow the steps here: http://hninfo.us/WAS

Does this slow loading happen in different browsers? Incognito mode?

I see you're using our HT1100 modem, so what I'll also do is send you a newer model, the HT2000w. Here are instructions on how to swap these modems. There will be no need to return the HT1100.

When you've hooked up the HT2000w, please let me know if that makes any difference.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are greatly appreciated so that we can address your concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

Hello Liz,

I do access the sight with the URL you mentioned.  I will try disabling the WAS after I get home from work.

Thanks for sending out a new modem.  This will not increase my monthly fee, correct?

Mary

Correct, there will be no change in your monthly fee, I'm just sending you a different modem, not changing service plans.

-Liz

Hello Liz,

I tried disabling the WAC.  It took 32 seconds for the HughesNet home page to load, 17 seconds for email to and 31 seconds for this page, the community page to load.

PS, I understand the wifi is part of the modem you are sending me. Our internet is about 3 times slower when we use our current wifi modem.  I hope that the wifi on this modem will not slow down our internet.

Thanks for all of your help.

Mary

Good morning Mary,

Thank you for your update and details. I surely would hope that our built-in wifi and modem overall would be an upgrade for you. Looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

-Liz

Hello Liz,

Our new modem came today and I have installed it.  I checked load times.  It is faster now.  The HughesNet homepage took 15 seconds to load and I checked some other websites.  Their load  times are a bit faster.  The email still takes 15 seconds to load.  I am just glad that it is loading.

Thanks for you help,

Mary

Wonderful! Thanks for letting me know it's better with the new modem! If you have any more concerns please don't hesitate to drop by the community again, we're here to help.

-Liz

Thanks Gabe, good catch! I thought the Network tab was shown by default as it tends to show for me whenever I pull up the dev tool panel.

-Liz