Gen 5 speeds are slowing down

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc2
Sophomore

Gen 5 speeds are slowing down

When Gen 5 was first installed in April I was getting download speeds around 40Mbps. Now 3 months later it has slowed to 21 which is slower than the advertised 25. Called tech support and they said that was acceptable because it was still faster than 60 percent of 25 which is 15. As long as it's faster than 15 it is considered ok?! What are the speeds going to be like 2 years from now. Hope it's not going to be like Gen4 all over again. Is anyone else having this problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aedan,
My HT2000W modem is back up to speed. In the morning during bonus data hours l ran a speed test and it was still slow. I re-enabled the 5.0 Ghz network that I had disabled during all of the testing and troubleshooting and as usual it didn't show up on my computer but did on my phone. So l connected to the 5.0 network on my phone and ran a download speed test of 42Mbps! So l switched back to 2.4 on my phone and ran in the 40s. Went back to my computer on 2.4 network and had a download speed of 43Mbps. So really all that was done was disable 5.0, re enable and connect to 5.0 and switch back to 2.4 . Maybe the upcoming firmware update will help. Thanks to everyone for their help and patience.

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@lothar0,

Are these your tests?  http://testmy.net/quickstats/lothar0

yes

Im on the phone. new ticket nbr 105426890. more testing. sigh