How do I set up a new hughesnet email?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carolinagirl
Freshman

How do I set up a new hughesnet email?

Im a new customer since 3/06/2023  and Ive been trying to set up/get a hughesnet email and Ive followed the instructions for doing so BUT its not giving me the option as descibed in the instru.Ive tried calling customer service and chat support for help and couldnt get any help a couple didnt know what I was talking about Im very frustrated to the fact Im a new customer and I want to get the best of my new service and I would love to have a hughesnet  email account  when i click on the myemail it redirects me to a connecting to ordering system to log in with my credentials when i do it tells me their wrong when i know for a fact they are not   this is whats in the address bar https://auth.myhughesnet.com  Im totally confused frustrated no one will help me Ive tried everything Heres a screenshot of the page that comes up for meHeres a screenshot of the page that comes up for me

Jenn.

Jenn.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm also new customer. Have talked twice to hughesnet support about email. No email service at hughesnet anymore. You can try gmail or yahoo if you like. The tech said website will be updated removing confusing items about email.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I would try clicking on the 'My Email' button at the top of the page and see if it goes to an email address with the same sign on credentials as your HughesNet Support Community account. It's been many years since I've set up a HughesNet email, but I thought the main email address is auto populated when you set up the account to sign in, like for here.

If I'm wrong on this, my apologies.

It never auto populated an email and when I do click on the email tab it takes me to a  " connecting to ordering system" the page says and when I do validate my credentials it tells me wrong credentials and it's not   idk I'm all confused with this Thank You Gabe for your help 

Jenn.
GabeU

@Carolinagirl 

The reps should be able to help get it all straightened out, but it's likely that you won't see a reply from one until at least Monday, as the reps are normally on from about 9AM to 6PM EST, Monday through Friday. 

On a separate note, you may also want to consider setting up an email with one of the more popular free services, like Google Mail, Yahoo Mail or Outlook (Microsoft), even just for the sake of having a backup. With the aforementioned offerings being free and also tending to be more full fledged than those offered by ISPs, ISP based email, like from HughesNet, is being used less as time goes on, and many ISPs are doing away with their email because of that. It's probable that there will come a time when HughesNet will do the same, though it could still be a long time from now.

That's just a suggestion though, and nothing against HughesNet's email.

maratsade

There's also the fact that if you quit HughesNet you lose your email account. 

maratsade

While logged into the Community, try going to https://my.hughesnet.com/en/account/managelogins  and see if you're prompted to create an email account. 

No it didn't give me the options of setting up an email  my Gmail is what's listed and and didn't give me the options of setting up a hughesnet email  I've tried everything Thank You thou

Jenn.
maratsade

Are you logging into this community using Gmail or do you have a HughesNet login? EDIT: if the latter, try using those credentials to access your HN email account. 

The reps will be here tomorrow and hopefully you will hear from one of them then.  Stick to this thread -- any other threads you create are unnecessary and will likely not get responses from the reps. The Tech Support section is the most appropriate for your question. 

I'm also new customer. Have talked twice to hughesnet support about email. No email service at hughesnet anymore. You can try gmail or yahoo if you like. The tech said website will be updated removing confusing items about email.

maratsade

I'm not sure that your information is accurate. Best to wait for the reps on this site (@Liz , @Remy , @Damian) to provide an official answer to the OP's question.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I am probably beating a dead horse at this point... But, you may totally want to consider using a "third party" service such as Google, or, Outlook/Live/Hotmail/WHATEVERITSCALLEDTODAY from M$.

I would not trust in ISP provided email lasting much longer...  Aside from security issues, it's not really a selling point like it was back in the 90's.

Honestly I strongly suggest anyone using Hughesnet email to stop doing so, and shift towards another provider, and update your contact information on all your web-logins.

tredmond8
New Poster

i am having the same problem it tells me my username or password is wrong and i checked its not so i can't log into mail also i can't connect my vizio smart tv to my wi fi so i can use netfles

maratsade

For higher visibility, you may want to start new threads -- just go back to the main page for Tech Support , start a new topic by clicking on the blue button labeled +Start a topic, and explain the problems you're having. You should start two different topics, one for your email issues and one for the smart TV issue. 

GabeU

If you haven't yet set up your email, I wouldn't bother. I'd go with one of the more popular free options, like Gmail, Yahoo Mail or Outlook.com. Like most other ISPs, HughesNet is likely to shut down their email service soon.

If you had set it up and you've been using it, and this is something new, that's a different story, and I hope you can get it straightened out. If this is the case, you should follow maratsade's instructions about starting a new topic.