Intermittent Connectivity; status code 12.7.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lassandrea
New Poster

Intermittent Connectivity; status code 12.7.1

We have been having this issue with losing connection for quite some time. It's always only the system light that goes off and it happens a couple of times an hour. Sometimes it'll come back on its own and sometimes you have to reset the modem and that fixes it for a little while.

A technician came out on July 6th (case# 104807757) and replaced our modem gen4 with a brand new gen5 and replaced the coax cable outside because he said it was corroded. That night, absolutely no problems. I was so happy because I thought the issues had been solved.
The next morning, it was doing the exact same thing. This is a brand new modem so I'm sure that's not the issue here. I'm really at a loss for what the problem might be,

If anyone could help me out during this slightly frustrating process, I'd really appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

If you hover your mouse over the error code in the State Code Monitor of the SCC advanced pages the dumbed down description of a 12.7.1 error is "a transmit problem as occured".

12-7-1 error.PNG

The key here is in the number and duration of occurances.

Weather between your terminal and the satellite can be an issue. Weather conditions between the satellite and your Gateway location can be an issue.

The Book has this to say in regards to a 12.7.1 error code:

The Book 1.PNG

The Book 2.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

If you hover your mouse over the error code in the State Code Monitor of the SCC advanced pages the dumbed down description of a 12.7.1 error is "a transmit problem as occured".

12-7-1 error.PNG

The key here is in the number and duration of occurances.

Weather between your terminal and the satellite can be an issue. Weather conditions between the satellite and your Gateway location can be an issue.

The Book has this to say in regards to a 12.7.1 error code:

The Book 1.PNG

The Book 2.PNG

I called the tech who assisted me the other day and he said that I wasn't the only one having this issue. It was a widespread outage and he had me re-register with the satellite, and all seems to be working now.

Hurray!