Please run site diagnostics

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrCRJP
Freshman

Please run site diagnostics

Hello! For a few weeks, our service has seen some substantial slowdowns and interruptions. It never goes out completely, but we do see time outs and similar interruptions fairly regularly. I suspect that a tree has grown sufficiently to be in the line of sight for the satellite, so I flew our drone up to the dish and aligned it to get a visual. It does seem that one or more trees are now getting in the way.

This situation wasn't going on in the spring, so I think it's the foliage which is causing the problem. Can someone look at the historical data on our modem in order to see if we're getting a lot more retransmissions and dropped packets now compared to, say, 3 months ago? I would hate to cut this tree down if it's not the actual problem. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi MrCRJP,

Thanks for reaching out and describing what's happening. I ran diagnostics on your site, and besides being subject to the Fair Access Policy, the HughesNet equipment is working normally. Our reports indicate that for the past few weeks, your gateway in Omaha has been experiencing inclement weather on top of several hours of maintanance one day last month which impacted service. Please check your PMs, I'll send you a message shortly to further address your concerns.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Liz

Hi MrCRJP,

Thanks for reaching out and describing what's happening. I ran diagnostics on your site, and besides being subject to the Fair Access Policy, the HughesNet equipment is working normally. Our reports indicate that for the past few weeks, your gateway in Omaha has been experiencing inclement weather on top of several hours of maintanance one day last month which impacted service. Please check your PMs, I'll send you a message shortly to further address your concerns.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!