Hughesnet Community

Sam Knows White Box. Data limit not refreshing.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug Yttri
New Poster

Sam Knows White Box. Data limit not refreshing.

I've had the Sam Knows white box on my system for several years now and now it appears that my data limit is not getting refilled by HughesNet. They have been good about topping off the data when it got low.

Now it gets used up by mid month. Part of the deal with the White Box was data useage was compensated by HughesNet. The box sucks up a chunk of data. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your patience, the engineer has informed me this has been fixed. Appreciate you letting us know so we could sort it out for you. Have a good weekend!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Doug Yttri 

It likely has something to do with the increase in strain on the system and the prioritization of important activities because of it.  They may have disabled the data refills for Sam Knows users, having deemed it unnecessary for the time being.  This is just speculation, though.  

The reps should reply to let you know for sure.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually reply within a day, though it may very well take longer than normal with them being very busy right now. 

Liz

Hi Doug,

Glad you found the community, welcome and thanks for reaching out. I'll escalate this to the engineers who handle the SamKnows-related concerns. Once I have any updates for you I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thanks Liz -

I did reset the White Box mid March. It had locked up again. I have had to periodically reboot the thing over the past few years. It just up and quits working. Unless I check it, you never know if it actually working, or not.

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your patience, the engineer has informed me this has been fixed. Appreciate you letting us know so we could sort it out for you. Have a good weekend!

-Liz