State code 12.7.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwatson93
Freshman

State code 12.7.2

I have had Hughesnet for about a year now and have never had any problems until now. After my last billing cycle on the 28th everything was perfectly normal and the usage reset. My household has never had any problems with running out of data either. When the usage reset my usage meter says that the first day it reset all my data was used and we are in bonus bytes. Problem is that this must be a mistake as no one was home during the day it reset and it's only causing problems now which is 10 days later. I performed all the suggested fixes such as checking cables and unplugging and plugging back in, rebooting router and all of it. The transmit and system lights are off and the control center says state code 12.7.2......I need help fixing this ASAP as I am a student and need to have my internet connection available at home. Oh I also purchased 10gb of data tokens and the tokens have not been applied to my usage meter.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the confirmation, bwatson93. I'm sending you another HT1100 to address your concerns. You may return the old modem in the same box; there should be a prepaid return label in the outer pouch on the box. Let me know how the new modem works out for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bwatson93

Sorry you're having this issue.  I can't help you with most of it (or may be able to), but can tell you that tokens are added to your token bucket, not the Anytime Data or Bonus Bytes.  You can see the "Token Bytes Available" on the Usage Meter below your Anytime Data, or, when signing in to the Hughesnet myAccount site, at the bottom of the Usage graphs in the Usage section.  

As for the 12.7.2 state code, I believe that indicates some type of connection issue, though I can't tell you exactly what as I don't know.  How long has it been, or how long was it, that the transmit and system lights were off?  Storms at your gateway can cause a connection issue, and your gateway could be anywhere.  

If you go to the System Control Center (enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and hit enter) and click on System Status (at the top of the page), what are the three letters directly after the J1 or J2 in your IP Gateway Association State string?  These three letters indicate where your gateway is located.  It will look like (Data IPGW - J1xxx), and the xxx are the letters that indicate the location.      

A quick question.  Do you have a DirecTV receiver connected to your service?  The reason I ask is that they can use data for things other than On Demand, and if you do have one connected, it wouldn't be impossible for it to have wiped out your data very quickly. 

Hi bwatson93,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I'd like to investigate your 12.7.2 state code, but I can't reach your modem to complete my diagnostics. Please let me know when the modem is powered back on so that I can do a system check.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz thank you for your help with this I will get you all the information I can. My modem is turned on. The system and transmit lights are still off though.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bwatson93

This is just a heads up, but you should never post your SAN.  That is your account number.  If you see this, please edit it out, which you can do by clicking on the three dots to the upper right of the post and selecting edit reply.  

Liz may edit it out if she sees it before you see this reply. 

Thanks for the confirmation, bwatson93. I'm sending you another HT1100 to address your concerns. You may return the old modem in the same box; there should be a prepaid return label in the outer pouch on the box. Let me know how the new modem works out for you.

Internet is back up and running smoothly so far! Thank you so much for sending the new modem asap! I must say I am highly impressed and satisfied with hughesnet service.

Wonderful! Thank you for letting me know, I'm glad the service is back up and running with the new modem.

Have a good weekend!