Windows Live Mail

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete_Vit
Senior

Windows Live Mail

I don't want to beat a dead horse -- I'm trying to setup my Live Mail account again, I've seached this board and found different solutions for incomming/outgoing email servers and setting, SSL no SSL, default port no default port, tried different suggestions and I still cannot get email

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hughes (cvitullo) account. An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'mail.hughes.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

should I use clear text autenication?

I'm using port 465 for smtp.hughes.net outgoing for incoming I'm using port 995 SSL for both

and still getting the above error

any help for Windows Live Mail?

Carmen

Carmen Vitullo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Liz wrote:

Hi Carmen,

Thanks for posting the error message, that helps. Have you tried searching that particular Windows Live Mail error?

-Liz

Hi Liz, yes, there were so many different solutions provided for Windows Live Mail, I tried all the differnet suggestions, none of them worked for me, I saw one post from someone talking about using Thunderbird, I downloaded, setup and am using thunderbird sucessfully.

Thanks for your help, response

Carmen Vitullo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Hi Carmen,

Thanks for posting the error message, that helps. Have you tried searching that particular Windows Live Mail error?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@Liz wrote:

Hi Carmen,

-Liz

Hi Liz, yes, there were so many different solutions provided for Windows Live Mail, I tried all the differnet suggestions, none of them worked for me, I saw one post from someone talking about using Thunderbird, I downloaded, setup and am using thunderbird sucessfully.

Thanks for your help, response

Carmen Vitullo