ht2000w won't connect, only power/wifi enabled

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wadedf
Freshman

ht2000w won't connect, only power/wifi enabled

My modem won't engage and connect. I have wifi and power, but no other lables are enabled. I spoke with tech support last night and they ran diagnostics but told me that I'd have to pay $175 for a new modem. This is not acceptable to me, what can your company do to fix it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi wadedf,

Thank you for testing that out for me. We will need to get you a replacement modem for this particular issue. I will create an order for a free replacement which should arrive to you in just a couple of days. It will have a pre-paid label enclosed which you will need to use to ship the old one back. The swap is just a matter of moving your cables from the old modem to the new one. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I'll be happy to help!

Thanks,

Amanda

View solution in original post

Hi wadedf,

I checked out your account today and see that your system is back online after the replacement modem was sent out. Since we have not heard back from you, we will consider this issue resolved and close this thread. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to create a new thread.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Hughesnet reps are here M-F, 9-5.  A rep will likely get back to you tomorrow or the next day. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

wadedf wrote:

My modem won't engage and connect. I have wifi and power, but no other lables are enabled. I spoke with tech support last night and they ran diagnostics but told me that I'd have to pay $175 for a new modem. This is not acceptable to me, what can your company do to fix it?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@wadedf 

I'd wait to see what the reps that maratsade mentioned say.  Though there are no guarantees and every situation is different, depending on what model you have the reps here may end up sending you a replacement unit free of charge.  Again, though there are no guarantees, I would wait to see what they say, just in case.  🙂    

Amanda

Hi wadedf,

Can you still see and connect to the wi-fi signal from the modem? If so, can you try to access http://systemcontrolcenter.com ? If it does not work, let me know if you can reach http://192.168.42.1 instead.

Thanks

Amanda

Good morning,

Yes, I still can connect to the wifi being broadcast. Attempting to reach systemcontrolcenter.com results in an error page stating that I have no internet connection. Going to 192.168.42.1 takes me to a page that aske for an adminsitrative password.

@Amanda wrote:

Hi wadedf,

Can you still see and connect to the wi-fi signal from the modem? If so, can you try to access http://systemcontrolcenter.com ? If it does not work, let me know if you can reach http://192.168.42.1 instead.

Thanks

Amanda

I'm still looking for a solution to my problem, thanks.

Hi wadedf,

Thank you for testing that out for me. We will need to get you a replacement modem for this particular issue. I will create an order for a free replacement which should arrive to you in just a couple of days. It will have a pre-paid label enclosed which you will need to use to ship the old one back. The swap is just a matter of moving your cables from the old modem to the new one. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I'll be happy to help!

Thanks,

Amanda

thank you so much for your assistance. 

Hi wadedf,

Just wanted to check in and see if you are back up and running. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi wadedf,

I checked out your account today and see that your system is back online after the replacement modem was sent out. Since we have not heard back from you, we will consider this issue resolved and close this thread. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to create a new thread.

Thank you,

Amanda