cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting taxed for a service I no longer use.

Freshman

I keep getting taxed for a service I no longer use.

I have recently discontinued my phone service but I keep getting taxed for it. I have called about this several times and told it is fixed but it keeps comming up on my bill. 

Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Professor

Re: I keep getting taxed for a service I no longer use.

Good, you're in the right area now.  Smiley Happy The reps will see this next week and address it.  Give them time, as there may be other people ahead of you (and there are only a handful of reps on the site).  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@pattymotley wrote:

I have recently discontinued my phone service but I keep getting taxed for it. I have called about this several times and told it is fixed but it keeps comming up on my bill. 

Freshman

Thanks. I just did a chat but the person I need to talk too was not available. I'm just tired of having to deal with this every month.

Professor

Yeah, I'd be pretty steamed too.  I can't imagine it's hard to fix your problem, unless there's something going on you may not be aware of.  The reps here can check your account (unless you're a business account, in which case their superpowers are limited) and tell you what's going on.   They're very responsive and helpful, but overworked, so it may take a bit.  Keep an eye out, though, and I would say if 7 business days go by and you don't hear anything, you could post a gentle reminder. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@pattymotley wrote:

Thanks. I just did a chat but the person I need to talk too was not available. I'm just tired of having to deal with this every month.

Hello Patty,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize you are still being billed voice taxes. I am having this issue escalated.  Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

*Felicia*

Freshman

Thanks Felicia.
I have been dealing with this since I discontinued the service. I keep being told it is fixed but each month it pops back up. With autodraft that is an issue. 

Patty,

I have heard back, and the telecommunication taxes are a type of state tax. To understand better, I would recommend contacting your state in regards to what sales taxes are charged. I have located an Email for you SalesTax@dor.sc.gov and the phone number 1-844-898-8542. Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Felicia

Freshman

I understand that but it was for the phone service I no longer receive from HughesNet. I discontinued my phone service 4 months ago. 

Highlighted

Patty,

I understand. We do not determine what the state charges for taxes. I would recommend contacting the state in regards to these charges with the information I provided previously. 

Thanks,

Felicia

Professor

Forgive me for butting in, but I’m curious.  Isn’t this tax something that Hughesnet accounting sets up as part of the invoice? It sounds to me the OP is saying she's getting a tax charge on her bill/account for a service she no longer has (though I may be completely wrong in my understanding).  So if  she no longer has the service, there should not be any tax being charged to that account for that service, right?  While the state determines how much tax we pay, it's the company's accounting department that bills her, so shouldn't this department fix it?