Banana Cream Pie Day!

Highlighted

Re: Banana Cream Pie Day!

OOOOO!!! My Great-grandma made the best homemade banana cream pie!!! ~RIP GG~

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

Wife says it's because banana turns brown very quickly. 

They're perfectly aging themselves for banana bread!  Smiley Happy  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Reggie wrote:

Another suggestion, maybe they could just freeze it.  

Reminds me of those frozen, chocolate covered bananas we used to make when I was a kid.  Yummy!  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

And it's a feature, not a flaw. Smiley Wink

@GabeU wrote:

They're perfectly aging themselves for banana bread!  Smiley Happy  

Highlighted

She Who Must Be Obeyed  (SWMBO) says that freezing a banana cream pie will make the crust soggy when the pie is brought out of the freezer, and will also change the texture of the whipped cream topping.  Bananas in the pie might also change texture and color....in fact,the whole pie may end up kinda gross. 

See, I would very likely eat it anyway. I may be part goat.  Mmmm, pie. 

Highlighted

Well... today I learned something. Haha, really interesting to know; I love learning this sort of thing. Once in a while I'll binge the Food Network or the Great British Bake Off and be fascinated by all the cool tips and tricks to making sure your creation turns out OK (Measure by weight! Blind bake! Dry out your fruits!). 

In the end, even if it looks funky, I'll eat it if it still tastes good. (Ugly Delicious anyone?)

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

What's not to like? 

https://youtu.be/TSFgDZJVYbo

custard? good! jam? good! beef? GOOD!!!!
Highlighted

LOLLLL

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.