Hughesnet Community

PIE DAY!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay

PIE DAY!

Ah, pie. What's not to like? There are so many different variations on pie that there's surely one out there that you love, even if it isn't a traditional one.

Apple pie? Of course.
Image result for apple pie"

Pumpkin Pie? Every fall!

Moon pie? ...Sure
Image result for moon pie"

Pizza Pie? Can't live without it.
Image result for pizza pie"
Chicken Pot Pie? Does this even count?
Image result for chicken pot pie"
Any oddball pies that you enjoy? Any classic recipes you can share? 

-Jay

11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

OMG, PIE!!!!!!

I know of only one person that expected to see this:

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Steak and Ale Pie?.... I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't try it.

maratsade

Steak and ale pie is very good, as is steak and kidney pie.  Mmmm, pie. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

I know of only one person that expected to see this:

That's a "Tony Adams" at Piebury Corner.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Steak and ale pie is very good, as is steak and kidney pie.  Mmmm, pie. 

My grandparents on my mother's side would make steak and kidney pie.  Gotta love those Brits.  They used to boil kidneys, too, and that stuff REEKED!!!!  

I didn't inheret some of the more exotic tastes of my British half.  Then again, neither did my mother, and she was born there.  LOL. 

maratsade

I guess it's an acquired taste.  🙂

I'd try any meat pie tbh. I'd like to think I have an adventurous apetite.

In the last year I've realized that chocolate pecan pie is my fave pie. Didn't care for regular pecan pie, but when you add chocolate? Game-changer. Dutch Apple pie comes second, then sweet potato pie.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

Would you try eel pie?   I personally never developed a taste for that. Ick. 

I'd totally try eel pie! In googling it, I also came across jellied eels... now THAT, to me, sounds REALLY unappetizing. I'm in no rush to try that ever.

I've only had grilled eel like from Japanese restaurants, so I'm curious about other eel preparations.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

I say go for it. 🙂

@Liz wrote:

I'd totally try eel pie! In googling it, I also came across jellied eels... now THAT, to me, sounds REALLY unappetizing. I'm in no rush to try that ever.

I've only had grilled eel like from Japanese restaurants, so I'm curious about other eel preparations.

-Liz