Cannot access email

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corrigidor
Freshman

Cannot access email

I see by a few other posts that I am not alone. Using an I-phone and cannot access email (looks a few other platforms are also having same issue) started around 1300 MDST. Error code says wrong username and password. For those with an I phone, you can use safari or other web browser and go to www.myhughesnet.com and find the settings and go to the desktop version of the page (otherwise the email and other links do not appear at the top) turn the phone sideways and click the my email link. Then your username and password works.  I hope they fix this issue soon because to be honest, my email is pretty much the only reason I am still using HughesNet with its limited monthly data.  Almost every account and service in my life is linked to my HughesNet e-mail. But if it doesn’t work anymore maybe it’s time to switch to an unlimited provider so I can actually stream movies and music without running out of data 

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

If you have unlimited, high speed internet service available to you, and the only reason your'e still with HughesNet is for the email, I'd create an email account with one of the well known free providers, like Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo Mail, transfer your email over to it and then sign up with the other ISP. That's nothing against HughesNet, but only that they're more or less a service that's available when you can't get anything else. 

Regarding email, HughesNet is very likely going to end theirs altogether at some point in the not-too-distant future, as with those free services being better and more full fledged, fewer and fewer people are using it. Most ISPs have already ended or are in the process of ending the email they offer. AFAIK, HughesNet no longer offers email to their new sign ups, though I'm not 100% sure on that. 

That’s good to know. I dread the process of changing all of my accounts and services to a new email. Most of my sign in usernames are just my email. When I first got HughesNet it was the only option where I live. It still kind of is but Verizon has improved their game and has pretty good service where I live so a home hot spot is where I  looking.