Hughesnet Community

Connectivity issues have gotten worse - HT2000W modem since 2021 - today's date is 6.4.22

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dond_8725422
Freshman

Connectivity issues have gotten worse - HT2000W modem since 2021 - today's date is 6.4.22

Connectivity help please. Was never great with HT2000W from installation in 2021 but last several months has gotten worse and last several weeks has been really really really bad.

System keeps dropping out now several times in an hour even in clear skies.

Common codes are 20.1.1, 12.2.1, 24.1.1

Tags Gateway, Connectivity

Also, slow speed does not appear to be as advertised

My Dish network TV service via satellite has has no issues 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Remy,

New modem received Friday 6.10.22 and installed. That appears to have fixed the issues.

Thank you for solution.

Cheers!

dond

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@dond_8725422 

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, so it's likely that you won't hear from one until at least Monday.  If you need help sooner, you can call 866-347-3292 for 24/7 support.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

State code 24.1.1 means you're throttled -- your speeds are reduced because you've used up your monthly data.

"Also, slow speed does not appear to be as advertised"

Won't be when you're throttled. It can also vary depending on many things, such as congestion on the network. Speeds and performance are not guaranteed.

"My Dish network TV service via satellite has has no issues"

Satellite TV works differently than satellite internet; the two should not be compared.

Remy

dond,

Thanks for reaching out! I realize it's your first post here. Welcome to the Community! I was able to track down your account through your Community profile, which is awesome! First let's see if a modem swap will do the job. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Thanks,

Remy

Remy,

Thank you, will await new modem.

Remy,

New modem received Friday 6.10.22 and installed. That appears to have fixed the issues.

Thank you for solution.

Cheers!

dond