Hughesnet Community

E-Mail == The account cannot be accessed at this time.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wncsohn
Freshman

E-Mail == The account cannot be accessed at this time.

I don't use this e-mail often but when I tried to access it this morning my "Outlook" I notice I have ZERO e-mails after 10/5/19.  I then tried to access it via the web mail but I'm getting the above error message. 

Upon looking at my mail further I noticed that "someone" has been trying to send e-mails and there are 9 "Mail Delivery System" messages with various "reasons" why the mails couldn't be delivered.  I DID NOT send ANY of these "e-mails".

I then attempted "Live Chat" this morning to try and figure out wth is going on but got a message that it was down.  This is my last resort!

Please let me know what I can do to get this situation resolved A.S.A.P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning wncsohn,

Thanks for letting me know. Outside of the HughesNet webmail, there's not much we can control, but you can try removing and readding the account in Outlook to reset things.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
MarkJFine
Professor

Those mail delivery errors are from emails where someone has forged your email address for spam.

Your email address is on a list somewhere that's been sold to spammers.

I would seriously take a look at what e-lists you've signed up for, or any other things you've used your email to sign up for.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Thanks for the info regarding those e-mails.  I haven't really been using that e-mail much at all in the past year.  Once I can access it I'll go through and "unsubscribe" to most of the things that go there, since I don't use it much to begin with.

Only unsubscribe to those things you signed up for. Fraudulent e-lists often use this as a ploy to verify valid email addresses so unsubscribing won't do anything but give them more reason to use it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Good morning wncsohn,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. So that I understand better where you're running info email login difficulties, can you please explain where exactly you're clicking to access webmail?

Are you clicking the My Email link in the top right corner of the Support Center?

Does the "E-Mail == The account cannot be accessed at this time." message show immediately after clicking that My Email link? Can you please provide a screenshot when that message appears? Here are instructions on how to take a screenshot.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Yes, when I click "My Email" (as on the above bar) it takes a moment but brings up this screen.

Screenshot 2019-10-24 12.48.25.png

Thanks for the screenshot, wncsohn. I'll escalate this to the relevant department to address. Can you please private message me the e-mail addresses that encounter this error so that we make sure we're focusing on the right ones?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks wncsohn, I've escalated your case. I'll keep you posted.

Thank You 

wncsohn, is that e-mail account working for you now?

Liz,

The "web-mail" is working but for some reason I still can't pull mail into Outlook.  Is this something you can look into?  I don't know if it has to do with the "Hughes Net" side of things or not.  My "other" hughes net e-mail was still working via web & outlook (and stil is).

Thanks!

Good morning wncsohn,

Thanks for letting me know. Outside of the HughesNet webmail, there's not much we can control, but you can try removing and readding the account in Outlook to reset things.

Thank you.  I will give that a try.

Good morning wncsohn,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, and since we've already addressed the HughesNet webmail issue I'm closing this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.