Email

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cy
New Poster

Email

I have not been able to access my email via Outlook or myhughesnet since last Monday.  Outlook gives me an Error 403, and myhughesnet says it cannot access my account.  What resolution/s are there for this.  I have called customer support but hold times are excessive.  Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hello Cy,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thanks for letting me know. I pulled up your account and made some adjustments to your e-mail accounts. They should be recognized as active once that status propagates throughout the system. You can try later this evening to see if you can access your e-mail again, but if not ready then, they should be accessible by tomorrow. 

Let me know if you have additional concerns.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Liz

Hello Cy,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thanks for letting me know. I pulled up your account and made some adjustments to your e-mail accounts. They should be recognized as active once that status propagates throughout the system. You can try later this evening to see if you can access your e-mail again, but if not ready then, they should be accessible by tomorrow. 

Let me know if you have additional concerns.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Cy
New Poster

Thanks!  I'll try later this evening or tomorrow early morning.  I'll let you know then.  Thanks again.

I'm having the same issue. I have not been able to access my email since 9/30/19. I keep getting this message

HTTP ERROR 403

Problem accessing /service/extension/saml2acs. Reason:

The account cannot be accessed at this time.

Powered by Jetty://

Good morning fishbloom, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can take care of that for you. Is this for the fishbloom account only or also the one with the first initial/last name account? The fishbloom account should be available now.

It's just for the fishbloom account. It is working again. Thanks for your help.

Good to hear, fishbloom, thanks for letting me know.

Cy
New Poster

Thanks again Liz.  My email came back to life shortly after your magic was applied.  I love wizards!  Keep up the good work.  Cy

Thanks for the confirmation, Cy! I appreciate your comments. 🙂

hcarraro

For nearly a week now I have not been able to access my email through the hughesNet home page. I have had several hour long conversations with the HughesNet technical support staff. Together we have erased browsing history, changed passwords and much more resolve the issue but nothing works. Finally I was told it is a problem with the email server at HughesNet. This disgusting lack of technical capability on HughesNet's part is inexcusable. 

I use this email for my personal as well as business needs and to not have access to emails for a week is ridiculous and unforgiveable. Had I not been prepaid through April of next year I would have quit HughesNet. After 10 years or more of service I am disgusted.

Here is what I found online with respect to the 403 Error. Someone should have told your customer service people from the get go that the email issue was at your end instead of wasting my time and their time of your technical people. And from the looks of it there are literally thousands of us in the same boat. Absolutely disgusting

The 403 Forbidden Error happens when the web page (or other resource) that you’re trying to open in your web browser is a resource that you’re not allowed to access. It’s called a 403 error because that’s the HTTP status code that the web server uses to describe that kind of error. You usually get this error for one of two reasons. The first is that the owners of the web server have properly set up access permissions, and that you’re really not allowed access to the resource. The second reason is that the owners of the web server have improperly set up permissions and you’re getting denied access when you really shouldn’t be.

Hi hcarraro,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I do apologize for al the trouble. I pulled up your account to check on your e-mail addresses and I see both are active and should be visible online. Are you yourself still getting the 403 error trying to log into webmail?