Frequent drops

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infinitytec
Junior

Frequent drops

Our connection has been dropping quite often, especially today. I think this has been going on for a few days now, as I have had breif connectivity losses on a regular basis, but today it has been quite frustrating. I attached some screenshots to show what's been happening. The modem's lights twinkle quite a bit while the network is up, although sometimes it seems we loose connection even while the lights suggest otherwise (maybe it's just a breif loss?). At other times the sattelite link lights are completely down.

Here's a few of the thoughts I had:

Could there be a bunch of storms in the gateway's area? It has been clear here.

We have had some strong winds lately, and that may have misaligned the dish.

We do have tall trees in the area, but I think they are clear of the path of the dish.

I have not yet rebooted the router, but shall do after posting this. I will also make sure the dish is connected to it well.

Thanks for your help.

Screenshot_2018-06-11 HughesNet System Control Center(1).pngScreenshot_2018-06-11 HughesNet System Control Center.pngScreenshot_2018-06-11 HughesNet System Control Center(2).png

Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello

Thanks! I poked through some e-mails while waiting... I'm not particularly fond of referencing the weather, but there have been multiple reported weather-related degradations for your gateway (located in Omaha, NE) that would have caused slow or intermittent connectivity. 

These occurred in bursts on: June 10th, 11th, 15th, 17th, 18th and 19th. 

If you experience the issue again, please let me know and I can look into it.

Thanks,

Amanda

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Hello

Thanks! I poked through some e-mails while waiting... I'm not particularly fond of referencing the weather, but there have been multiple reported weather-related degradations for your gateway (located in Omaha, NE) that would have caused slow or intermittent connectivity. 

These occurred in bursts on: June 10th, 11th, 15th, 17th, 18th and 19th. 

If you experience the issue again, please let me know and I can look into it.

Thanks,

Amanda

I'm hoping that is the issue.

(It would be nice if HN would give us warnings in the SCC or Usage Meter or something if the weather may cause issues. )
Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro

@infinitytec wrote:
(It would be nice if HN would give us warnings in the SCC or Usage Meter or something if the weather may cause issues. )

I was thinking the same exact thing as wave after wave of storms blew through the DC area yesterday morning. The SQF fluctuated between 68 and 15 (becomes iffy between 34 and 40 here) while I was doing morning upates.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.