Video Data Saver missing...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Video Data Saver missing...

My Video Data Saver is missing tonight.  I power cycled the modem and restarted my computer.  Neither helped.  It's not in the Usage Meter or the myAccount site.  Anyone else having this issue? 

Annotation 2018-11-19 234014.jpg

Annotation 2018-11-19 234137.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi Gabe,

Thank you for letting us know. I apologize this is happening again. I will have this escalated for you. 

Thanks,

*Felicia*

View solution in original post

Hi Gabe,

Our devs checked the VDS config stuff in the background and say all look correct. Can you please let me know if the setting is there now? Please log out fully before logging back in to check. Might as well clear the browser cache as well to be on the safe side. 

If it's still missing, please take a screenshot so I can send to the devs. Thank you!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

76 REPLIES 76
maratsade

How weird. I just checked the meter on my laptop and it's there.  Could removing the folder and then restarting the meter make a difference (edit: that is, bring it back)?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Mine has been a bit bonkers lately. The snooze option clock starts at 9 hours instead of 4. Maybe it has started celebrating the holidays a bit early. 

Capture.PNG

maratsade

Hah. I didn't check the snooze button before. Yep, mine also starts at 9 hours.  

@BirdDog wrote:

Mine has been a bit bonkers lately. The snooze option clock starts at 9 hours instead of 4. Maybe it has started celebrating the holidays a bit early. 

GabeU

How odd.  

Mine's still not showing.  Because I'm in and out, I'm going to do something I normally never do, and that's leave my modem plugged in just in case a rep sees this thread and needs to check something.  It's snowing really sloppy stuff here, so I've had to clean off my HughesNet and DirecTV dishes repeatedly today, so if a remote diagnosis is tried, but no communication is seen, it's because the dish is covered with snow again and I'm not here to clean it.  But, again, I'll leave it plugged it.  I'm going to shut both WiFi radios off, though.  😛

I also checked the myAccount site again and the VDS still isn't there, either.  

Edit:  I should add that I twice checked my speed at fast.com and it topped out at 3.1Mbps both times, so the VDS is definitely still on and working.  I just can't snooze it or turn it off if I want to.  😞  Fast.com is a good site to check if your VDS is doing its job.  It's the only speed test I know that mimics streaming, causing the VDS to kick in.  It makes sense with it being owned by Netflix.  Smiley Wink 

GabeU

Any ideas?  I was contemplating streaming a little from HBO on Thanksgiving, but I won't be able to do so if I can't snooze the VDS.  

@Brooke

@Liz

@Amanda

@Hardy

@Jay

Hi Gabe,

I have had this escalated, sorry for the delayed response. Hopefully, we will hear something as soon as possible. Thank you.

-*Felicia*

GabeU

Thank you, Felicia.  🙂  

Gabe,

You are very welcome! 😄

GabeU

I just wanted to add that I checked the HughesNet mobile app and the VDS option is not there, either.  I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1809 on my desktop, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't tied to the upgrade.  

GabeU

Well, this is odd.  I came back on to let the reps know that I would be leaving my modem on again, and in checking I see that my VDS is now there and working.  But, I get the same nine hour thing.  

With that said, toggling the on/off and snooze buttons and testing on fast.com does show that the VDS is working properly and turning off properly when I do so.  🙂  

Oh, and clicking "Restart Snoozing" does reset it back to nine hours.  

Annotation 2018-11-21 060757.jpg

maratsade

Must be one of these causing the problems:

gremlin.jpg

Gabe,

I am glad to hear everything is working again. 

@maratsade, it always is! hah

Thanks,

*Felicia*

GabeU

Ugh.  It's gone again.  Tried power cycling my modem and closing/restarting my Usage Meter.  Neither helped.  

It's not on my Usage Meter, nor is the Settings option available on the MyAccount site.  

Hopefully it's just temporary.  

Hi Gabe,

Thank you for letting us know. I apologize this is happening again. I will have this escalated for you. 

Thanks,

*Felicia*

GabeU

Thanks!  🙂

Like before, I'll be sure to leave my modem plugged in just in case anyone needs to remote diagnose anything.  Coincidentally, my data resets tonight. 

Hi Gabe,

Our devs checked the VDS config stuff in the background and say all look correct. Can you please let me know if the setting is there now? Please log out fully before logging back in to check. Might as well clear the browser cache as well to be on the safe side. 

If it's still missing, please take a screenshot so I can send to the devs. Thank you!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

@Liz

The option is now there, in both the Usage Meter and the MyAccount site, and it works. Thank you.  I definitely appreciate it.  🙂  

Thanks Gabe, we'll keep an eye on your account to see if this happens again. We're still investigating the root cause of this.

GabeU

Well, that didn't last long.  The Video Data Saver option is gone again, both in the Usage Meter and at the MyAccount site.  Maybe it will pop back up for a visit sometime over the weekend.  😛  

I'll keep a watch out for it, but it sure is being a sneaky bugger.  

Just for info, I restarted the modem, but from the SCC, not by power cycling it.  I'll try power cycling it later, though I doubt it will help.   

GabeU

Update:  I tried power cycling the modem, though it didn't matter.  

I don't know that there are any engineers working during the weekends, nor any reps on here, but I'll leave my modem on again, just in case it matters. 

Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, as I don't often turn the Video Data Saver off, nor Snooze it, but I was going to stream a little HBO tonight.  😞