gateway and acceleration problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macsretandme
New Poster

gateway and acceleration problems

My problem is that about 5 days ago, out of the blue, my internet connection started dropping connections to the gateway. Based on the gateway address I believe it's out of Salt Lake City.  I've verified and double checked all of my equipment to make sure it's not the problem.  My signal strength is good, yet when I go to "system control center".  It's verified that the dropped data ranges from 0% - 80% randomly.  When checked further, problems keep pointing back to associated gateway problems.  Is there anyway to change associated gateway to a different location other than SLC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning macsretandme,

That sounds great! I've relayed your updates to engineering so they are aware. We're here if you need us.

Edit:
Engineering confirmed they did reconfigure something on your beam so that performance would be better.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Curious, when it goes out, what is the Statecode displayed on your system status?  There is no way to change what gateway facility you go through, they are hard-coded for each beam that covers a region.

Here are screen shots of this time, 7:20 EST when the connection is going downhill fast:

problem pg 3.jpgproblem pg 4.jpgproblems pg2.jpg

this happened right before the system light went red and no connection.  Then all of a sudden it came back absolutely fine until the next "cycling"???

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@macsretandme

If you know how, you shoud edit your SAN out of those pictures.  That's the number that starts with DSS.  That's your account number, and it's sensitive info, like your phone number or address.  You should never post your SAN on a public site.  

You can edit the SAN out using Paint.  

yes I realize that, should've done that.  But you haven't addressed my issue!

GabeU

@macsretandme wrote:

yes I realize that, should've done that.  But you haven't addressed my issue!

This isn't instant messaging, nor chat.  The reps can often take up to 48 hours or more to reply to an issue.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  @Liz @Amanda

As for your SAN, whether you edit it out of your pictures, or delete the pictures that contain them altogether, is your choice.  I was simply trying to save you from a possible future headache in the form of identity theft.  After all, again, that is your account number.  

there my acct # is taken off the images.  now can i get some help?

Hi macsretandme,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting and sharing your screenshots, these help. I ran diagnostics on your site and currently all shows well with the HughesNet equipment. 

When you said "it came back absolutely fine until the next "cycling"???" does that mean you power cycled your modem to regain connectivity? If not, does power cycling the modem make a difference? What I mean is to disconnect the modem's power cord from its power brick for half a minute before reconnecting. Please let me know if the disconnects persist after that.

I will escalate your case to engineering in the meantime and post back once I have any additional instructions or updates for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

the "cycling" I'm referring to seems to be a pattern of connection/association with the server in Salt Lake City.  Connection performance will be absolutely fine, start declining, out altogether, then suddenly restored all in the same web browsing session and repeating the problem pattern about 10 - 15 minutes after continuing browsing.  Almost like a looping effect.  Everything I can think to test on this end with equipment checks out fine.  Running windows 7, Firefox Browser 57, Netgear wireless router, all operating normal, even when eliminating router, the problem persists.  My modem is an HT1100 Gen4, not ready to commit to Gen5 w/2 yr contract.  Disconnecting the modem from the power/computer and starting fresh does not correct the problem. 

Thank you for the clarification, I will include this in my escalation report. Once I have an update for you I will post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thank you for the clarification, I will include this in my escalation report. Once I have an update for you I will post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

I don't know how. I don't know why. Nothing done but browsing on this end, but this morning and now my connection/association state is running smoothly and without a problem.  Did someone on your end do something?  If so, can't thank you enough.  Please feel free to pull whatever info you need from my acct./system.  If it starts up again, I'll contact you.

Hmm that sounds good, I haven't heard back from engineering after I sent the escalation. Let's keep an eye on the performance, and keep me informed on how it goes this weekend. If all continues to go well I can let engineering know.

Update of weekend connection.  So far so good still.  Good connections no acceleration errors no gateway problems.  I guess if it starts up again I will contact you again.  Thank you for your attention on this.  Again please feel free to pull any info needed from my account to help if needed for others with the same problem.  Merry Christmas.

That sounds great! I've relayed your updates to engineering so they are aware. We're here if you need us.

Edit:
Engineering confirmed they did reconfigure something on your beam so that performance would be better.

GabeU

@macsretandme wrote:

You go out of your way to help keep someone safe on the net and what do you get?  You get snark.  SMH.  

Did not mean to offend earlier, just extremely frustrated.

@GabeU wrote:

@macsretandme wrote:

You go out of your way to help keep someone safe on the net and what do you get?  You get snark.  SMH.  

GabeU

That's understandable.