Hughesnet Community

Customer with extremely poor service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Js

Customer with extremely poor service

If anyone is trying to go with this company for internet service back away as fast as you can. We were lied to and after spending an hour and a half trying to find a resolution to our troubles we just got hung up on. Shame on you HughesNet!!!!! What a great reputation your building by taking advantage of people.
20 REPLIES 20
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Js

First, this is a support community.  A place for receiving help.  This isn't a site to post your complaints and/or warnings to others.  

Secondly, if you would like help with your issue, whatever it may be, please start a topic in the appropriate section, which you can do by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while within said section.  Please describe the issue and what steps, if any, have been taken thus far to ameliorate it.  Again, this is a support site, so please refrain from the complaints and focus on the problem that needs to be fixed.  

Why not?  When a consumer is not getting the service promised and notifying customer support does not alleviate the situation then the only recourse is to complain.  Maybe by complaining Hughesnet would finally respond to the customer's complaints.  The commercial on TV is fine and dandy but when it's not the truth, then the company should be called out on it.  Where is my promised 25Mbps (60% of that speed)?  I've been dealing with .60Mbps to 2 Mbps for the past 3 to 4 weeks on 2 computers and I'm told by tech support, "it's the weather".  The weather has not been bad the whole 4 weeks.  When I was a Gen4 customer a tech once came out to check on my service (the alignment of the dish) because the service detected a problem.  Now with the Gen5 issues, I have asked for a tech to check out our setup and I was told it would cost me $125.  Why am I paying $116 a month for such service?  I'm better off going back to either Gen4 or the crappy Frontier DSL service.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@jcarra

Speeds are not promised nor guaranteed.  They are advertised as upto, and nothing more than that.  That aside, this sub-forum "Your Thoughts on the Community" is not the proper one to be posting in.  If you need technical support, post there.  If you need assistance with your billing or account, post there.  Simple, huh?

GabeU

SMH.

maratsade

"When a consumer is not getting the service promised and notifying customer support does not alleviate the situation then the only recourse is to complain."

Indeed, but complaining in the wrong place is a waste of time for the customer. 

Hey look! More arrogance and sarcasm from people in the company who are supposed to help and support their customers, whether those customers are angry AF or shooting rainbows out their back sides! If all of you don't want negative comments running RAMPANT regarding HughesNet service, you may want to start pumping more funds into products that actually work, AND more customer service training, starting with all of you on this forum. What would HughesNet be without their customers? NOTHING! You owe those customers nothing but RESPECT & going through this forum reading your responses is just DISGUSTING. I hope every jaded customer continues to complain and vent and spread the word until someone higher up at your company finally GETS IT, fires you all, and completely revamps its company culture. You're all really horrible and i can't believe you responded to a paying customer this way!

Thanks for your response in support of complaints.  I love the response I got from their tech staff indicating that they didn't promise 25Mbps (just like the commercial), only that they meant "UP TO".  A game of semantics is what they play so well.  If you use the term "UP TO" then the logical extension to the term would be, "any value from ZERO to 25 Mbps".  I was getting really close to zero in my speed tests which would confirm their actual promise.  A startup is starting a new satellite in Jan. 2018 which I am close to seriously consider as an alternative to Hughesnet if this community stream is their new customer service. 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@jcarra wrote:

A startup is starting a new satellite in Jan. 2018 which I am close to seriously consider as an alternative to Hughesnet if this community stream is their new customer service. 

If that startup is OneWeb, then, well, you will be back with Hughes, as Hughes is designing the terminals, and most of the infrastructure for said startup.

Nope Excede.  https://www.exede.com/

ViaSat2  From Wikipedia:  ViaSat-2 is a commercial communications satellite launched June 1, 2017. Once in service in early 2018, it will be the world's highest capacity communications satellite with a throughput of 300 Gbit/s, succeeding EchoStar XIX launched in December 2016.[2] It is the second Ka-band satellite launched by ViaSat after ViaSat-1. The satellite will provide satellite internet through Exede Internet to North America, parts of South America, including Mexico the Caribbean, and to air and maritime routes across the Atlantic Ocean to Europe.[1]

GabeU

@jcarra

Please do not advertise competitors' products on this Community.  It is against the Community Terms of Service.  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Sorry, but that's not a startup launching next year LMAO.  They have actually had a lot of customers leave and come to Hughesnet the last year.

They are even worse than Hughes. That's who I dumped before I picked up this trainwreck of an ISP.

GabeU

@KaylobD09 wrote:

They are even worse than Hughes. That's who I dumped before I picked up this trainwreck of an ISP.

Who?  

@jcarra wrote:

Nope Excede.  https://www.exede.com/

ViaSat2  From Wikipedia:  ViaSat-2 is a commercial communications satellite launched June 1, 2017. Once in service in early 2018, it will be the world's highest capacity communications satellite with a throughput of 300 Gbit/s, succeeding EchoStar XIX launched in December 2016.[2] It is the second Ka-band satellite launched by ViaSat after ViaSat-1. The satellite will provide satellite internet through Exede Internet to North America, parts of South America, including Mexico the Caribbean, and to air and maritime routes across the Atlantic Ocean to Europe.[1]

It'll just be overbooked like the EchoXIX sat. Exede is no better than Hughes from the research I've done.

Just for info, no one who's posted in this topic so far is a HughesNet employee, all customers. Employees have a little rectangular black background "mod" or "employee" badge beside their screen name.

Like this:

Capture.PNG

Your Post is perfect for what needs to happen, but sadly hughesnet doesn't care
davidk147
Freshman

I had a lot of trouble getting tech suport to answer my emails (they didn't answer them within 24 hours like they advertise).  They never answered my emails. 

So,  Instead of calling Tech support, I called Accounting and told them that I was not going to pay anymore

unless they answered my emails and phone calls to Tech and get me a tech to my home.  This guy said that I had a 2 year contract and that I had to pay.

I asked him if he knew the defination of a  Contract.  Then, I proceeded to tell him that my "LEGAL COUNSEL (my brother)  will tell him that when one of the persons (parties)  of the contract do ot honor their side of the contract, then, it is broken.  You, Hughesnet.com have broken the contract by not returning my emails and getting me a tech to repair my computer.  That, sir, is a simple defination of a Contract.  He had me a Tech at my home in about 2-4 days.  Before, I could not get anyone to return my phone calls.  It seems that these people LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING AT HUGHESNET.COM.   (MY OPINION).  

This got me a Tech and........................  

I asked the tech who lives about 50 miles from me what do I need to do if I have a problem because tech says they will call within 24 hours but I do not

ever get a call.  The Tech said, "don't call them, call me and he left me his cellphone number".  So far, I havent had to use him after he got my sytem 

going if you call this internet going.  

Hughes (first line people that you call) did an initial check (Not tech) and they said that my internet is showing that it is working.  I said, "no, I can't get 

search any"!  After the tech came, he checked everything, then, he called the tech support and he told them that the problem is on their end.  They reset my

system (or whatever) and it worked after that.  Of course, it only works good for the first 12-18 days of the month.  After that, speed drops from 27mbs to 1.5mbs so the rest of the 31 days. I bought more time and it only lasted 2 days.  Of course, I am sure that you all know this. 

Since then, I can go to my office about 8 miles from my rural home to town and Cspire has a 25mbs download 24/7 all the time. It is unlimited at $70.00 per month on a Business Account.  I do not understand why Hughes cannot give us all month coverage for the price that they are charging. I pay the intro price 

(I guess) for $117.00 with "tech support" "ha ha"  added in which doesn't exist.  

Keith 

Hey, at least you can refer a friend and get $50...and then lose that friend for life.  I get a big laugh at the Gen5 commercial every time it plays.  Aww, there's truth in advertising!

davidk147
Freshman

I WILL SECOND THAT MOTION.   

davidk147
Freshman

NEW MEMBER:  Your problems have just begun to happen with this Company.  You can purchase Tech Support but in my case, it doesn't help.