Hughesnet Community

Sales rep gave false info.. I am past ready to cancel!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natashaa
Freshman

Sales rep gave false info.. I am past ready to cancel!

I set up my service less than 30 days ago. The connection is trash. Basic phone apps will not load nor will Netflix or anything for that matter on our Roku. I was told upon setting this service up that there was NO contract and I could cancel ANYTIME for $40. Well that’s definitely a lie!!

I have tried to call and resolve this. They just want to test my connection. I live in the country sourrounded by trees. The tech told me during installation that it may not work. && it doesn’t. They also told me if a tech comes back out and determines that the service doesn’t work they will NOT charge me any fees.

I have tried calling to get the recording of when I first called and set the service up. They kept transferring me and finally told me to call Pre-installation 1-866-774-6580. But of course it’s after 5pm on Friday so I have to wait until Monday.. I’m assuming come Monday they will not be able to track the recording from my very first call because of some reason. How convenient for them that will be...

I see here on this community board that numerous others have had similar situations.. I refuse to pay for a service that doesn’t work nor will I pay the EFT when I was told differently from the very start. Please, wave my fees and cut my service off. Now!
7 REPLIES 7
tjmarshall
Sophomore

Sounds pretty close to what the two reps that came to my house said.... 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@natashaa

The reps here will probably be able to have your sales call pulled and listened to in order to verify what was told to you.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though it can take them a day or two to reply.  

@Amanda

@Liz

Amanda

Hi natashaa,

Thank you for reaching to us here, we will do our best to assist you. I've located your account and request a sales call review for you. As soon as I've received the results I will provide you further information.

Thank you,

Amanda

Have they found my original sales call? It has been over a week since I personally requested it by phone and now you have submitted a request. I need some answers ASAP!
maratsade

These things take time -- show a little patience.

GabeU

@natashaa

It can take a few working days for call reviews to be completed.  The earliest you may hear something from Amanda is Monday, but it may very well be later than that, as well.  

Edit:  I stand corrected.  

Amanda

Hi Natasha,

We received the review of your sales call, but just to be sure, I did listen to the call myself.

In the middle of the call, the sales agent (Olivia) re-confirmed your name, phone number and then got your e-mail address. The e-mail address would also be where we would send our order confirmation and welcome e-mail, which also includes the commitment information.

The agent did clearly explain all required information such as real time multiplayer games not being compatible with the service, the service term is 24 months and that if you cancel before installation you'll be refunded directly back to your card. The sales agent again re-iterates that the commitment period is 24 months and if you cancel after the installation but before the end of the 24 month commitment, there will be an early termination fee of up to $400, as well as explaining that the leased equipment must be returned to avoid equipment fee charges. The agent does also explain the data split of Anytime and Bonus, where Bonus data is provided between 2-8AM, our fair access policy, as well as a second reminder that taxes are not charged at the time of order. Lastly, the agent provides our legal webpage (http://legal.hughesnet.com) very clearly. 

As you have pointed out we've done plenty of sales call reviews and we are more than open about the results of these, but the agent did provide you the correct information in a clear voice and at no point on the call did the agent state you were not in a contract, nor that cancelling anytime would cost $40. 

Thank you,

Amanda