ebb plus upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shadowwalker.20
Sophomore

ebb plus upgrade

today I had my mother (account holder) call to upgrade to 30gb with new contract and apply for the ebb. my name is herbert cook and i qualify for the ebb. They could not find my application for ebb. so they got ahold of them and found the application. So then they had me give all info and read me the terms and condtions. Which i aggreed to. Then handed phone back to my mother who was told that there was a problem. Said they would get in touch with high ups. They said they will call back when they find something up. We would not have done the upgrade if we could not have the ebb applied to the new bill. What i want to know is what is the problem? And if not approved can i go back to the plan that we had. I just figured that since I was approved for the ebb I would take advantage of higher data and keep close to the old price we had. Thanks in advance Herbert cook
10 REPLIES 10
arielgipson96
Freshman

The problem is the EBB Program Benefits are YOURS and not your mother's. Being as the bill is in your mother's name she would have to apply and qualify for the EBB Program. Otherwise this would be considered an illegal transfer of benefits.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@shadowwalker.20 , are you and your mother part of the same household? Do you reside at the same address? Th EBB is limited to one monthly service discount per eligible household.  A household is defined as any individual or group of individuals who are living together at the same address and share income and expenses.  So if you two are part of the same household, the problem may be something else.   The reps on this site may be able to find out what's going on. 

EDIT: For more info, see https://www.hughesnet.com/emergency-broadband-benefit-program, which also links out to the government agency that manages the program. 

Same household The ebb site gave all info to hughes net. So It should have gone through. They Just told my mother there was a problem. never said what it was.
maratsade

Since the benefit is by household, the EBB would apply to your mom.  The problem may be something else.  Hang in there until @Liz , @Remy , or @Damian  chime in.  They  may be able to help you, or at least tell you who to contact. 

shadowwalker.20,

Thank you for reaching out! Since your mother is the account holder, she would need to be the one applying for the EBB benefit. The information provided to us by the USAC has to precisely match what's on file in our system. In the meantime, I'll go ahead and downgrade you back to the 20GB plan. Once your mother has applied for EBB and is sent a confirmation email, I'd strongly recommend reaching back out to us so we can help get it applied to the HughesNet account.

Thanks,

Remy

The account holder now shows that i herbert cook is the one who's name is on the bills name. So there should not be a problem. with me getting the ebb applied. My mother gave all my info to the rep and I had to agree to the terms and conditions yesterday. If i have to call back to talk to a rep I will. Thanks In advance

after getting account holder changed everthing should be fine now. i was approved for ebb. This should be a done matter thanks for all your help. Herbert
shadowwalker.20
Sophomore

I went under billing info and I was going to see if I could add my name to the account. when I got there it had all of my info as the person the bill name is in. So they must have changed it out of my mothers name to mine. which is fine and i clicked change, so now the bill comes in my name. So there should not be a hold up. Also they changed the plan to 30gb. Which is what we want but not with the ebb applied. Also it should be the 89.99 with a 1 year contract. And that is not showing up. So that may have been what the problem is. But was never told to change the billing name to mine.
maratsade

You  may want to call again then and see what's going on, if there's still a problem or not. 

@shadowwalker.20 wrote:
I went under billing info and I was going to see if I could add my name to the account. when I got there it had all of my info as the person the bill name is in. So they must have changed it out of my mothers name to mine. which is fine and i clicked change, so now the bill comes in my name. So there should not be a hold up. Also they changed the plan to 30gb. Which is what we want but not with the ebb applied. Also it should be the 89.99 with a 1 year contract. And that is not showing up. So that may have been what the problem is. But was never told to change the billing name to mine.

I am going to wait awhile and see if it does change. They said they would call back. I just figured the mods here do a better job than phone support.