cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R.I.P. "Gwalk900"

Distinguished Professor II

R.I.P. "Gwalk900"

Hey folks,

I just found out on Facebook that Greg Walker, who we all know as Gwalk900, passed away this morning.  He had been battling an illness recently.  Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.  Smiley Sad  

@BirdDog

@maratsade

@Sweetpea3829

@MarkJFine

@gokartergo24

@Reggie

@C0RR0SIVE 

@El Dorado Netwo

@Liz

@Amanda

To those I missed I apologize.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
14 REPLIES
Associate Professor

Re: Gwalk900...

Thank you for letting us know, @GabeU.  D@mn,  I'll miss him. 

His family's in my thoughts and prayers.

Senior Instructor

Seemed like a real nice guy. It's a shame he suffered. That's a real bad way to go.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Senior Instructor

**bleep**, this really sucks. 

The bleep starts with a "D" and ends with an "N". Definitely warrants an expletive.

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

It's a sad day in the Community. Greg will be miss by many.

Reggie

Senior Instructor

Here's to you Greg. Really sad, friends here for many years. This has hit my heart.

a-toast.gif

Distinguished Professor II

@BirdDog

I didn't know Greg nearly as well as you and others here, but I wish I had.  I can say, though, that anyone who gives of themselves their time and effort to help complete strangers, not only on this site but others, has to be a good person.    

I really wish I had met him sooner.  Smiley Sad  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior Instructor

@GabeUwrote:

@BirdDog

I didn't know Greg nearly as well as you and others here, but I wish I had.  I can say, though, that anyone who gives of themselves their time and effort to help complete strangers, not only on this site but others, has to be a good person.    

I really wish I had met him sooner.  Smiley Sad  

Weird how even us older folks can get close on media like this. Really do feel like have lost a very good friend, it just sucks. I wish his family the best, he was a very good person and extremely intelligent from what I know of him. Kinda hard to express.

Pretty sure Liz and Amanda will be hit hard once they see this.  Smiley Sad

Thanks..  I wanted to use a few swear words.. But the board won't let me.  I am tired of loosing friends to cancer..

It's like losing an old friend. We weren't close, but Gwalk always had a presence in the community. I mean, he was there before I started working for the company, and so I learned a lot from his expertise. It hurts knowing he won't be around anymore. RIP, and thank you for everything.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->