Dropping Data yet again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robp1
Junior

Dropping Data yet again

I have spend/wasted hours of my time fighting with Hughes. Tonight I am beyond frustrated. So simple break down:

1. Internet and phone work ok for about a month after the tech came and fixed the dish.
2. Phone starts losing connection.
3. Call TS they said reset modem.
4. Reset modem(very Hot)
5. Phone and internet come back online.
6. 3 days later system drops calls and signal becomes choppy.
7. Buy data to reinstall OSX and system stalls.
8. Call TS rep can not understand me, he states “I’m really sorry sir it sounds like your underwater!” And then after 5 minutes of broken conversation the phone disconnected.
9. I’m sick of HN! I’ve been fighting almost a year!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Robp1,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry to hear this, no one is ever "locked in" to using our services. Anyone is free to cancel. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I will send you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Good morning Rob,

Thanks for posting, we'd like to help address your concerns. Let's start with troubleshooting your internet, since your HughesNet Voice relies on that internet connection to function. I ran diagnostics on your site and the HughesNet system is working normally. I also checked the modem temperature and it's actually below your modem's average temp. Do not block any of the modem’s ventilation openings. Leave six inches around the top and sides of the modem to ensure adequate ventilation. Do not put the modem near a heat source such as direct sunlight, a radiator, or a vent.

For testing purposes, please directly connect your computer via LAN cable to the modem and let me know if you're noticing any service degradation. If you find that the service seems slow even while directly connected, please run some testmy.net speed tests so we can evalulate further. 

Create a testmy.net account and run 3-5 tests during different parts of the day. Post your test results link here in your thread.

Please keep in mind that HughesNet will only accept testmy.net and the official HughesNet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points to remember during this test:

-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)

-disable the wifi (follow the steps here to access your wifi settings and uncheck the SSID Enable options from both the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks)

-use the 25MB size download test file

-space each test at least 5 minutes apart

-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://hninfo.us/speedtest

If you actually lose internet connection, immediately go to your modem's System Control Center (SCC) by browsing to 192.168.0.1. Click on the System Status light at the top of the screen and note the state code. When working normally, the state code is 0.0.0, otherwise you will see a different series of 3 numbers in its place. The state code can help us focus our investigation.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I have already done everything mentioned above with advance tech support. Nothing fixes it. I am to the point of seeking legal support. Hughes has locked me into services that do not work. Wasted hours of my time, sent three techs out and still NOTHING changes.

I would also Like to Mention that I couldn’t even call for emergency services because nothing works....

Hi Robp1,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry to hear this, no one is ever "locked in" to using our services. Anyone is free to cancel. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I will send you a PM to further address your concerns.