cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEN-5 Video Data Saver

Highlighted
Junior

GEN-5 Video Data Saver

I've just upgraded to GEN-5. Working great thus far! I have no clue though how to turn on and off the Video Data Saver feature (other than you are supposed to be able to). Would appreciate a little help. 

Thanks, Larry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Junior

Re: GEN-5 Video Data Saver

Okay, here's the deal. I called support and they have created a case. They could also not see the video optimization options showing up for my account at any of the places they were supposed to be. GEN-5 being so new in my area seems to be the issue. Case number assigned and solution to be worked on. Very nice, knowledgable, determined young man helped. Yes he had an accent. No, that wasn't a problem. He was a bulldog in his desire to be of service. 

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Hi Larry,

Have you seen the Gen5 FAQ's?

https://www.hughesnet.com/frequently-asked-questions

FAQs.PNG

Highlighted
Junior

I did see that, but could not find anywhere in the mobile app where to do it. Maybe I'm blind?

Highlighted
New Poster

I enabled the Video Data Saver on GEN-4 and I have had nothing but problems since. I cannot figure out how to disable it. The response by Tech Support via link was lame.

Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

The Video Data Saver feature looks to be a function of a Gen5 plan. Why did you enable it on Gen4?

If hoping to save data I suggest using these tips:

https://www.hughesnet.com/why-hughesnet/blog/improve-video-performance-while-burning-less-bandwidth

What kind of issues are you having?

Highlighted

Hi Larry!

Glad you're enjoying your new Gen 5 service. Here's a more detailed article on how to manage the Video Data Saver feature:

http://support.hughesnet.com/support-articles/what-is-video-data-saver

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted
Junior

Thanks Liz, but the video settings options described in your link are not showing up in the app:

IMG_6606.PNG

Nor in myHughesNet MY ACCOUNT on the web site:

IMG_6608.PNG

SEE THE ABOVE SCREEN PRINTS I MADE 

Larry

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@larrykelly

I don't know if this question even applies, as I don't use the mobile app, but might you need to download a new version of the app that was released after Gen5 came online?

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Junior

No, I do have the latest version of the app -- ALSO and on my PC the latest version of the Hughesnet Status monitor. Neither show the options for video control shown on the link Liz gave me.

Is their some setting on the modem that needs to active this capability?

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@larrykelly

The Hughesnet Status Meter on your PC should at least show it.  Make sure that it is version 6.6.0.  Right click on the icon in your taskbar and select "About" to check the version.  The video settings will be the fifth and last option on the left side of the opened Status Meter.

As for the app...you got me.  

There shouldn't be anything on the modem you need to activate.  I still have Gen4 and the HT1100 and my Status Meter is showing the video setting, though I can't use it because I don't have Gen5.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit